017 ⋆ if this was a movie youd be here by now

IT HAD BEEN ALMOST A MONTH SINCE CHRIS AND VAL HAD SPOKEN, it was a record time for them. since they met they were always talking, they've never not talked for this long and it was driving both of them crazy.

they both missed eachother but  would they ever admit it? nah! valentine was almost famously stubborn and chris was just — well, chris. valentine had basically convinced herself it was for the better, she really liked cody now. cody was her person now, not chris.

"cody just texted me." valentine said to makaya with an annoyed sigh.

from the other side of the phone, mak noticed her irritated tone of voice and the look in her face. "i thought you liked cody?"

"i do! i do, it's just," she stopped for a second, trying to find the right words that wouldn't make her sound like a dick. "he's not chris."

makaya was visibly shocked, "oh, i didn't know you still liked him."

"i don't think i do, there was no closure and it's confusing me, i guess."

makaya sarcastically chuckled. "was telling him it was over not enough closure?"

valentines face dropped, she wasn't expecting mak to say that. she thought makaya would defend her. "we never got to talk in real life. i think would've helped. that's what i meant." she shortly said.

"i'm not trying to be mean but you were the one who broke it off, if your upset think about what chris is feeling."

valentine sighed. "chris was the one who thought ghosting me was a better solution than talking to me. what would've you done then, mak?"

because your so fucking perfect and know everything.

"i don't know."

"i don't think you would've taken that shit either. you'd break up with him too."

the silence on the facetime was almost deafening, valentines phone was paused and makaya left the room without her phone.

cody
Hey
Are you busy rn?
Helloooooo

Val
heyy
no i'm free
whyyyyy

cody
Can I pick you up in thirty minutes
Surprise date

Val
sure sounds good!!
wait what do i wear
formal or nah

cody
You can wear whatever

Val
CODY THAT USBT HELPFUL.
are we gonna take pics??

cody
i mean probably
we're influencers

Val
die

IN THE CAR RIDE TO THE SECRET DESTINATION, cody blindfolded valentine with a bandana.

"stay in the car, i'll be back." cody said, valentine agreed but couldn't help but overthink. is he kidnapping me right now, she thought.

what felt like twenty minutes but in reality was two, cody came back and grabbed her hand."okay, take off your blindfold!" he declared, sounding like a tv show host.

she opened her eyes to see the bed of his truck decorated with a plaid blanket to sit on, fluffy pillows and some blankets to sit under. there was some of valentines favourite snacks, skittles, dill pickle chips, popcorn, carmilk, twix, gummy bears, and a cup of pepsi. she looked up from the truck to see a drive-in movie, cody parked in the very front so they had the best view with no cars blocking it.

"oh my god, cody this is so sweet." val smiled, went on her tippy toes, and kissed him on the cheek. her face nearly matched his red sweatshirt.

cody smiled back, "i try. i had to ask one of your friends what your favourite snacks were and what your favourite movie was."

"don't they pick what movie plays?" valentine asked.

cody smirked. "normally, yeah. i paid a little extra." he explained.

"really?" val asked, her head tilted slightly. "thank you." a small grin grew on her face. "so what movie did you pick?"

cody's smile faltered, "legally blonde, i've never seen it."

valentines face went from a mischievous smile to her jaw being on the ground and shocked. "how have you never seen legally blonde?"

"shhh," he shushed her, "it's about to start." the girl laughed.

valentine, who talked through most of the movie, ultimately had a great time. nothing could break her euphoria, her head was resting on cody's shoulder and his arm was around her shoulders.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he whispered, he said it quietly but clearly enough that valentine heard every word exactly.

her eyes winded and smile grew across her face. "yeah." she nodded quietly. "yeah, i'll be your girlfriend."

she realized how close his face was, she could feel his breath on her face. her heartbeat was irregular, especially when cody lifted his hand and placed it on her left cheek and pulled her in for a kiss.

💌
and the plot thickens
remember when i said only a few more angst chapters.....
i lied!!!!!
the angst is planned out
it's gon be crazy i'm so excited 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

personal update ;; my friend is dating my ex confirmed
i feel bad for her (i'm lying) tho because he asked to get back with me and i was like "aren't u dating my friend" and he LEGIT TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD BREAK UP WITH HER.

this story is now halfway finished i cannot believe it 😱😱
i cant believe that once as every chapter is posted i will be actually officially done with 'mine'
i've been writing this for MONTHS and it's so crazy and sad to be almost finished