010 ⋆ life is emotionally abusive.

VALENTINE HADNT SEEN HER PARENTS IN MONTHS, they didn't show up to the family cottage for whatever excuse. they always hated the rest of the family. it was like they completely cut off ties with the rest of the family as valentine grew older, her parents hadn't even texted or called valentine in the last few months. to their knowledge she still lived in a one bedroom apartment with a roommate, now she lives in a three bedroom apartment by herself until she finds a new roommate.

mom ❤️
Hey hun!! Your father and I are in town, let's meet up! We don't have a hotel 😢 It was a heat of the moment trip 😂 Text me ❤️

Valentine Miller
hey mom
how long are you in la for??

mom ❤️
We've been here for a week, we have been taking in the culture ☺️ We are staying another week! Why?

Valentine Miller
do you want to stay at my house? my roommate moved out a little while ago

mom ❤️
Oh Honey! I couldn't ask you to have us! But if that's not too much trouble, it would be appreciated ❤️ Why did your roommate move out? Did you bug her so much? 😂

Valentine Miller
don't worry about it. my address is xxx xxxxxx street. do you mind coming tomorrow rather than today?? i made plans today.

mom ❤️
Thank you so much Valentine! Why did your roommate move out.

valentine miller
she couldn't afford it anymore.

mom ❤️
Oh no! Poor girl! We will be at your house tomorrow night around 7.

Valentine Miller
sounds good! see you then.

VALENTINE WAS AT THE STURNIOLOS HOUSE WHEN HER MOTHER TEXTED, she was sitting on their couch underneath chris' arm.

"oh my god." valentine muttered with a small smile.

chris looked at her and noticed her smile, "what's up?" he asked.

"my parents are coming to my house tomorrow!" she exclaimed, now looking back at the boy.

nick looked truly grossed out, nick hated valentines parents since they were were kids. "when was the last time they talked to you?" he asked, his face looked like he ate something sour.

"like three months ago. why?" valentine shrugged, not seeing the problem.

nicks disgusted face grew, "val, that's not okay. mom calls us everyday."

valentine sighed. "i know that my family is kinda weird but that's just how it is!" she started smiling while talking, she looked around and matt had a more subtle version of nicks face. "it's been like this since i was little, it's nothing new." she defended.

"okay, i'm sorry." nick apologized with a frown, he felt bad for the girl but she didn't see anything wrong with it. she never did.

valentine always was stubborn but this time nick got her thinking. maybe her parents behaviour wasn't normal? but at the same time their parents had experience from justin, and it's harder to yell at three children than one. so, valentine convinced herself that her parents where normal and just overwhelmed.

but she knew that wasn't true.

the next day when her parents got to her house, the first thing they did was start nitpicking everything. normal parents would've hugged their kids but they gave valentine their bags and started searching for dust particles. "valentine! i taught you to clean your room, yes?" her father, david, said with a loud and condescending tone. he ran his finger across the top of her tv, where she couldn't reach.