50. Love In Office (2)

Jungkook energetically strode through the corridors of his father's office building. With each cubicle he passed, he scanned the area for a particular face, his excitement gradually turning into disappointment as he failed to locate his target.

Finally, he reached the imposing wooden door of the main office and flung it open with an exuberant grin that matched his cheeky attitude.

His father, engrossed in his laptop, looked up with an audible sigh. "At least knock before you enter."

"It's not fun," Jungkook replied, striding confidently into the room and taking a seat opposite his father.

"So, what brings you here today?" Mr. Jeon asked, leaning forward on the table, his arms resting on its surface.

"Dad, I've told you, I'm here for work-"

"What kind of work?" His father exclaimed. "All you seem to do is wander around the company, eat cafeteria food, and give me a headache with your nonstop chatter-"

Jungkook gasped and interrupted, "that's mean!"

Ignoring his son's protest, Mr. Jeon continued, "-not to mention how you're constantly hanging around Seokjin."

Jungkook spluttered, "That's not true." He laughed awkwardly, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment at his dad's awareness of his actions.

"You know it is," Mr. Jeon insisted.

"Tell me the truth. You like him, don't you?" he pressed.

"Dad, that's nonsense," Jungkook waved dismissively, but he straightened up and fell silent when his dad shot him a stern glare.
All fun aside, his father is scary when he's angry.

"Okay, fine! I do! There, I said it. Happy? I like Seokjin," he huffed, crossing his arms and leaning heavily into his chair.

"How many times have I told you to call him 'hyung' or 'Seokjin-ssi'? He's older than you," his father scolded.

"Pfft. Only three years, so he's not my hyung. He's just Seokjin for me. Very possibly my future husband, if everything goes well." Jungkook muttered the last part with a hint of determination.

Mr. Jeon stared at his son, his mouth agape in surprise at his audacity and shamelessness.
"That's not going to happen. It'd be better if you get rid of that idea."

"Why? You don't like him?" Jungkook leaned forward, gazing at his father with wide, surprised eyes.

"It's not that, son-"

"Then what is it? You think he's poor? I honestly do not care but he's not! He owns a massive penthouse in-"

"I know," Mr. Jeon interrupted.