49. Love In Office (1)

"Good afternoon, Dad!" The door to Mr. Jeon's office swung open with a burst of enthusiasm, and Jungkook entered, his sneakers squeaking lightly against the polished office floor.

He casually tossed his bag onto the couch in the corner, the landing so precise it seemed rehearsed, and then took a seat across from his father, who was engrossed in a stack of papers.

"You're here again," Mr. Jeon remarked, rolling his eyes, to which Jungkook dramatically gasped and leaned forward to place his arms on the desk.

"Did you just roll your eyes at your own son? I'll have to tell Mom."

"Don't be so dramatic."

Jungkook beamed, rising from his seat to inspect the contents of a drawer. He knew the office like the back of his hand by now, but he pretended to be seeing it all for the first time, running his fingers over the framed family photos on the desk and feigning interest in the intricate pen holder.
It was his only way to avoid his father's scrutinizing gaze by which he started to look at Jungkook since the day he started coming to office unannounced.

"Don't you think you've been visiting the office rather frequently these days?" Mr. Jeon leaned back in his chair, files momentarily abandoned, and examined Jungkook with an arched eyebrow.

Jungkook spun around from his exploration of some figurine, giving his dad an incredulous look. "You were the one who encouraged me to come here, and now that I'm doing as you suggested, you're complaining."

"I did say that, but I also recall you flatly refusing to come here before. What's changed? Why this sudden interest in the business?"

Mr. Jeon inquired, sighing theatrically as Jungkook approached him and planted a cheeky kiss on his cheek.

"Relax, Dad. Don't overthink it."

Aware that his son wasn't going to spill the beans, Mr. Jeon playfully smacked Jungkook on the shoulder. "Fine, you rascal. Go fetch me a coffee."

"Me?" Jungkook pointed to himself in mock surprise, as if his dad had just asked something extraordinary.

"Yes, you. Go."

"Dad, I don't even know how to make one, and-"

A knock at the door interrupted their banter. "Come in," Mr. Jeon called, and in walked the person who could turn Jungkook into a puddle with a single glance.

"Oh, sorry, sir. You seem busy. I'll come back later," he said politely, a quality Jungkook would love his future partner to have in him.

"Seokjin, no need. It's just Jungkook, you know him. Come in, son," Mr. Jeon insisted.