33. Not a bad husband

"–don't know, eomma. What if I'm not being a good husband to him?"
Jungkook slowed down his footsteps as he heard Seokjin speaking on the phone.

Finding the door left slightly ajar, he stood there to peak in the room.
"But he was crying when I came back and wouldn't tell me what happened. Maybe I hurt him, but I swear I didn't do anything intentionally." Seokjin said with a hand raised to massage his temple.

The frown on Jungkook's face vanished when he understood what was Seokjin talking about and instead he smiled at his silly husband.

"I think I'm not doing good enough as a husband and fath—"
Seokjin looked at Jungkook who decided to enter the room to stop him going overboard with his useless thoughts.

"Yeah, okay. Okay, I'll call you. Thank you, eomma." He cut the call to stand up and walk towards Jungkook with a worried expression.

"What happened, baby? Do you need anything? Is it hurting? You should've called me in the room instead of walking all the way here." He ranted out while caressing his cheeks, "Everything alright?"

Jungkook nodded and took his hand to pull him towards the couch and made him sit here. He tried to sit on his lap in a straddling way but pouted when his big belly came in between. Seeing it'll be hard to sit this way, he slowly sat down beside Seokjin and tried to hug him sideways but nope.
This position was not comfortable as he leaned away with a huff.

"What are you doing?"

"I want to hug you." He stated.

Not wanting to see him upset, Seokjin picked him up carefully and put him on his lap sideways, wrapping his arms around him when Jungkook hummed satisfied.

"You just came for a hug?" He asked amused, with gentle rubs to his back.

"No, I came to stop your stupid head so, it can't think about things that aren't true."

"Hmm?"

Jungkook heaved a sigh and held his face in his hands to smooch him on his lips, "I heard you talking with eomma, about me crying in the cafe."

"Oh."

"Yes. I wasn't crying because of you."

"Then? Were you in pain?"

"No..." Jungkook trailed.

"Baby, tell me. You're making me worried."

"Well.....I–"
Seokjin nodded, urging him to go on.

"Fine." He huffed. "I was crying because I'm not being a good husband to you."

The frown which was on his face a few minutes ago, now made it's way on Seokjin's.
"Why?"