17. Attention on me

"Yeobo!" A whine came and a weight landed on his back.

Seokjin hummed without taking his eyes off the papers in front of him.
"Pay attention to me." Jungkook said, trying to make Seokjin look at himself by grabbing his face.

"Seokjin!" He whined loudly when the man didn't respond.

"Baby, just a little more and then I'm done." He removed Jungkook's hands from his face and kissed them, going back to his work.

"No, you've been busy with these fucking papers since morning. Enough. You can do it later."

He got off his back to go to the kitchen to make some coffee and grabbed some snacks and came to stand in front of Seokjin.
"Here. Take a break and cuddle with me. You didn't even kiss me the whole day. I'm sad."
He tried to hand him the cup.

"Love, just wait a few more minutes. I'm almost finished, then I'm all yours."
But deprived of his attention for the whole day, Jungkook didn't listen.

"You can complete it later."

"Wh–"

"No, Pay. Attention. To. Me."

"Ko-"

"I'm not listening."

"Jungkook." Seokjin warned him in a serious tone this time.
"I said let me do it first. It's important."

His lips jutted out as he looked at Seokjin for a moment before taking the cup from him, forcefully.
"Fine. Do what you want. I'm not gonna talk––Oh!"

"Fuck," Seokjin abruptly stood up, hand and all the papers stained with the spilled coffee.
Without caring about his hand, he hurriedly picked up the papers, but....too late.
They're ruined.

"Your hand," Jungkook tried to touch it.

"Fucking shit, they're all ruined." He cursed loudly before shaking his hand when it started to sting.

"I'm–I'm sorry. Yeobo, let me see your hand first."

He didn't mean to do it but the anger and frustration from all his hard work going waste made him irritated, the pain radiating from his hand adding to it, so he snapped and jerked Jungkook's hand away.
"Leave it." He walked in the kitchen to pour cold water on it.

"Wait, I'll bring the first aid–"

"I can do it myself."

"Yeobo, le–"

"Jungkook." Seokjin turned to look at him. "I said I can do it myself. Leave." Tiredness and frustration in his voice, which broke the younger's heart a little, and he silently made his way out of there.

-----------

Jungkook woke up at some point at night, and found himself laying on the bed, snuggled under the sheets.
His face itching a bit because of dull, dried tear stains on his cheeks. He turned over but frowned to see the other side of bed empty.

He looked at the time, 2 a.m. He must be completing his work.
He thought and got up.

He was right. On reaching downstairs he found Seokjin sitting on the couch, eyes closed with head resting on the back, bent in an awkward position.

Taking quiet steps towards him, Jungkook gently took the pen out of his still red hand before planting a kiss on it and helping him lay down comfortably, joining him afterwards and covered both of them with a blanket.

Then, huddled beside him and wrapped an arm around him, head placing on Seokjin's chest.
"Good night."

-----------

Constant stirring beside him woke Seokjin up from his slumber and he looked down to find Jungkook curled up against him, mumbling something in his sleep.
He sighed and gently tucked his hair behind his ear and kissed his forehead.

As he was trying to pull him up a little to adjust him, Jungkook woke up, blinking drowsily at him.
"Sorry."

"How's your hand?" He asked instead, "is it hurting?"

Seokjin shook his head. "A little."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it." Jungkook straightened up but Seokjin pulled him back.
"I know. I'm sorry too, baby. I was rude to you." He caressed his cheek before placing a soft kiss on it.

"Sorry is not enough."

"What does my baby want?" He asked giving a smooch on his pouting lips.

"You'll have to give me lots of cuddles, lots of kisses, lots of love–"
Seokjin cut him off by pecking his forehead and his eyes.

"Here." Jungkook pointed at his cheek. Seokjin did. He then showed him the other one too and Seokjin kissed it too.

A kiss on the nose, on his cheeks again, a kiss on his chin and finally the last one on his pouty moue, but longer than the previous ones.

"Am I forgiven now?" He nuzzled in his neck, nibbling the soft skin.

"Almost." Jungkook responded, giggling. "It tickles."
Seokjin leaned up to look him in the eye, "I'll make it up to you tonight."

"You better." He said, before taking his hand in his.
"Let me apply the cream on it, you've to go office too." His gaze then fell on the files on the table with despise.

"Did you complete it?" Seokjin nodded. "Fucking, finally."

He chuckled and stood up carrying Jungkook in his arms.
"Let's take a shower. I can compensate you there too."

"Sounds good." Jungkook grinned, looping his arms around his neck.

~End~

__________________________________