48. Love's Protective Bond

Street lights casted fleeting rays on the road as their car glided through the dark night.
Jungkook heaved a sigh and rested his head on the backrest as he continued to look outside the window.

A soft hand enveloped his fidgeting fingers firmly, giving them a reassuring squeeze. Jungkook turned to look at Seokjin.

"Don't worry. They'll like you. It's impossible not to." Seokjin said.

Jungkook nodded with a smile and weaved his fingers with Seokjin's. "I'm just nervous." He said.

"Don't be."

-----

The car stopped after a couple of minutes. Jungkook glanced at the dark walled building that easily stood out from others in the surrounding area.
Even from the outside, it was evident that this was a good club.

Bright neon lights adorned the entrance, creating an inviting glow. The club's exterior was neat and tidy, with clear glass doors, giving it a welcoming feel.

Seokjin placed a kiss on Jungkook's hand. "Ready?"

"Ready."

Inside, the walls glowed with colorful neon art, creating a mesmerizing display. The dance floor was alive with music and dynamic lights that moved in time with the beats.

In the center, a DJ in a booth controlled the music, setting the night's rhythm. The crowd, a mix of people from all walks of life, danced and celebrated together, filling the air with laughter and cheers.

After a few moments of scanning the room, Seokjin gently grasped Jungkook's hand and nodded towards a booth.
"There they are. Let's go."

As they drew nearer to Seokjin's friends, Jungkook could feel his heart racing with nervousness. There were at least ten to fifteen people gathered, all adorned in elegant, shimmering attire.
In his mind, he silently applauded himself for choosing an outfit that blended well with the glitzy ambiance.

"Seokjin! You made it." A boisterous voice rang out, and a guy lunged forward to embrace Seokjin in a half-hug. Despite the pounding music in the background, the man's voice pierced through.

"You were never the party type in college, so this is a surprise," a girl chimed in, also hugging Seokjin from the side. Her gaze shifted towards Jungkook, and she greeted him with a friendly wave and a smile.

"So?" The same guy who'd hugged Seokjin earlier waggled his eyebrows, gesturing towards Jungkook. "Seokjin, aren't you going to introduce your... boyfriend?"

Seokjin slid an arm around Jungkook's waist, offering a warm smile. "This is Jungkook, my husband. Babe, meet Hoseok and Minji."

Jungkook waved back, offering a simple "Hi."