29 Austin

"My album with be released soon. But, before it's released I have to market it. Show up for events, attend parties, even talk shows. It will see me traveling all across the country and abroad. Then once it's out I have a tour set, one year, around the world. After that, it's interviews, promotions, and another new album that will need to be written, recorded, and marketed. That will only bring on more tours, more promotions, and more traveling. I have put my house on the market, my work will find me down in LA mostly when not traveling and that house was never a home anyway. It will be nonstop for me for at least three or four years...maybe longer."

"Even a traveling singer needs a home. They need roots..."

"I have a home. This is my home."

"It is. This is your home."

"I want to ask you to come with me. To travel with me. To be at my side when I attend events and parties. I want to see you at the side of the stage while I sing and wake up every morning to see you smiling back at me. I want to marry you and tell people you are my wife."

Willow smiles at him and for the first time, he sees that it does not reach her eyes.

"I can't do that can I?" he whispers, his tears already breaking the mature demeanor he is trying to uphold, but, the anxiety he feels right now is too much. Willow puts down her paintbrush and climbs onto his lap, he curls his arms around her waist and holds her tightly, afraid she will disappear like the setting sun. She kisses him, her soft lips calming him and helping his racing heart slow and ease his anxiety somewhat. When she senses he has calmed down a little she pulls back and wipes his cheeks.

"I belong here," she whispers then bites her lip as her chin wobbles. "I know...I could...I could stay...if you asked me to. I would stay," he whispers. Willow smiles softly again, but she can't make it bigger than a slight lift in the corner of her mouth. "You don't belong here," she whispers. Austin knows her words are true, but his chest shatters anyway. "I guess...we were never meant to be," he whispers. "We were meant to be. When we look back on our time together we will know we were always meant to be...even if only for a fleeting moment. What we did and what we have matters," Willow whispers and rests her forehead on his, he can feel her tears drip onto his beard.

"Our paths crossed at the right time...maybe one day they will cross again," he croaks out. "Maybe," she whispers back, cupping his cheeks and finding his lips with hers again. Austin shifts them so she is on her back as he pushes her dress up and slips between her thighs. He can't see her clearly from the tears that cloud his eyes, he knows she is no better from the way she sniffles softly. He kisses her again, desperate to let her know how he feels about her, desperate to comfort her.

He breaks the kiss and lifts his head, blinking the never-ending tears from his eyes. Her golden hair is fanned out on the deck boards and her eyes glow as she looks up at him, she's beautiful. Mythical. Her body shakes slightly as she watches him remove his clothing then hers before he leans over her again. She takes his face in her hands, making him look at her and wiping his cheeks with her thumbs. "You are my favorite person in this whole world," she whispers with a small watery smile. He can hear her heart thumping against her chest and there's something special in knowing it beats for him. "I am the man you made me, baby," he whispers. He commits every inch of her to his memory then he dips his head and kisses her again. Her lips are gentle and soft on his, and so is her skin when he trails his lips down her neck. She smells like summer rain. There is a part of him that believes he has gone mad and is living in a dream. Willow is not human, maybe she is only a figment of his imagination.

His chest burns with the realization that this is only just the beginning for both of them. Apart. But, they are both young and have so much more life to live. Willow lets out a giggle and it makes his skin tingle as goosebumps spread across his skin. He pulls back a little and looks down at her, her face raw with emotion but her lips are set in a soft smile. He dips his head and kisses her neck again, getting lost in the taste of her sweet skin as his tongue sweeps against her, leaving her body shaking as a shiver tingles up his spine. He will never let her go, not truly. He moves down her body stopping to kiss and admire her as he touches her.