13 Willow

Willow stares at Austin's room. She does not know what she was expecting, she was just hoping it was not this. It's so heavy. Everything is gunmetal grey and if it's not gunmetal grey then is black, or silver. His bed has black silk sheets, it looks expensive but it also looks cold and uninviting. She hates it. But, she has said enough hurtful things about his house so keeps quiet. The only thing that adds any color to the room is her bright green overnight bag that Austin had placed on the end of his bed. "You hate it so much that you can't talk?" Austin asks with a grin as he raises an eyebrow at her.

"No... "

"Name one thing you like."

"I love the view."

"Inside the room, Willow."

"I like that green overnight bag."

Austin chuckles and then shakes his head, curling his arms around her and drawing her to his body.

"I am sorry, this is your home and-"

"I don't like it. And you are right, it's not a home...I have never felt welcome here."

Willow frowns and she can feel her emotions bubbling up. It's so sad to think Austin does not have a home. Just a place, four empty walls - it's just not right. "Why don't you go shower, I have in-door plumbing so you can do that, and I will order food," Austin says dipping his head as he talks. "I don't like fast food. Can't you cook rather?" Willow asks, her lips smiling as she watches Austins's lips get closer. They stop abruptly and he pulls back with a frown.

"I don't know what to tell you, baby, but I can't  cook."

"You are a clever guy, I am sure you can think of something," Willow says giggling, going on her tippy toes and pecking his lips then grabbing her bag and going into the bathroom, Zeus following her. It's bigger than her whole house. Who needs so much space just to wash their bits? At her house, the shower and bath come as one. Here the shower alone is the size of her entire bathroom. She strips and climbs into the shower then stares at a blank tiled wall. Where the fuck are the taps? Looking up, she sees only a tiled ceiling - no showerhead. What the fuck is going on? Is this not a shower? Is this how rich people shower? They just stand in what looks like a shower cubicle and hope something magical happens. "Do you know what I am supposed to do here?" she asks Zeus. He whines and gives her a bark, but is no help.

"Maybe it's voice-activated. Shower on..."

Nothing.

"Shower... uh...clean me!" she tries, throwing her head back and opening her arms.

Nothing.

"Ok...may there be water!" she tries. Still nothing. She looks around at the tiles again and then feels them, maybe the taps are hidden behind a tile. None of them are lose and she can't figure out how the hell this works. "Aesthetics, my ass. This is just stupid," she says getting out, dry as a bone. She sees the sink has normal-looking taps, well normal looking enough, so she grabs a face cloth and washes her bits. Who would have thought she would need to take a bush shower with all this luxury around? She slips into her pajamas - they are pink and have sleepy moons painted on them. She made them herself and she likes them very much. At home, they blend into her bright yellow bedding but here she thinks they will scream against Austin's black satin sheets.

Walking back into the bedroom she sees Austin is still not back so she snoops around the room. There is nothing to see really - it's like one of those fancy hotel rooms. The only room that has any connection to Austin is his office. Maybe she could convince him to sleep in there tonight. She sees a door next to the bathroom so she opens it and then grins. Austin's closet!  Jackpot. She walks in and runs her hand along his shirts that are hung on hangers, they all feel thick and expensive. One wall is just shoes from floor to ceiling. Austin has big feet. She pulls a pair off the shelf and slips them on. They are so big, that her feet look like clown feet. "What do you think? Do they suit me?" she asks Zeus, giving him a tap dance.