6 Austin

"Ok! First, we wash and then we will get fresh milk and collect eggs," Willow says as she slams the back of her van shut after Austin and Drew had helped her load all her shit in. The woman has a little of everything and it was a bitch of a job -  she did it all with a skip and a hop, a smile too. Austin does not think he has ever met anyone who floats around in a constant cloud of happiness as much as Willow does. He can't stop watching her. She is complete insanity - it calms him. "Would you like to wash too, Drew?" she asks turning to look at Drew. "No, I'm good. We are going to disappear again," Drew says with a small smile before he turns back to his SUV. Austin has known Drew for three years - he never smiles. Willow seems to affect everyone.

"Just you and I then, oh a Zuzu," Willow says as Austin follows her back into the house. Odd statement to make. Zeus washing with them?  He would ask, but he bets her answer would only lead to him having to ask more questions. Willow grabs three towels from her hall closet and then walks out her kitchen door. Austin has a lot of questions. He won't ask them. He is scared. Zeus suddenly zooms past him, his tongue flapping out the side of his mouth - he is in heaven. But, then Austin's heart drops right out of his ass when he watches Zeus dive into the river that Willow is heading directly toward. She is going to wash in the river?  That is not fucking happening. It's fucking cold, still early and there is still a lite early morning mist.

"You don't have a shower?"

"I have a shower. A bathtub too."

Willow answers his question and turns to grin at him. She knows why he asked. She is not funny. "I am not getting in there," Austin says planting his feet on the grass - he is making a stand. "Suit yourself. The shower is next to my bedroom," Willow says with a giggle and then whips off her top. "What are you doing?" Austin asks, grabbing her shirt and covering her before looking back to see if Drew and the boys are watching. He can't see the SUV. "I am swimming in the river, grumpy pants," Willow giggles as she wriggles in his arms and removes her pants. The woman is now naked. Grumpy pants? Bullshit.

"You can't swim in there. Is it even sanitary?" Austin asks trying to keep hold of her but she is like a slippery beam of light and slips through his fingers. She lets out a laugh, skipping and twirling around naked on the grass. She is without a doubt the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. Long sun-bleached hair that cascades down her back with dreads, plats, and brightly colored beads amongst her beachy waves. She has a white crystal around her neck and her body is nothing short of perfection. She looks like a fairy and Austin can't tear his eyes away from her even if he tried. He is not trying. She stops when she gets to the edge of the river and looks back at him with a grin, her vibrant emerald green eyes seem to swirl when she looks at him. "Come on, I will make it worth your while," she says with a grin then slips into the water.

Honestly, any other woman and he would have walked away. But, he finds himself striping and walking down to the river's edge. Willow has a hold over him. He can't explain it, but he likes being close to her. He dips his big toe in and then takes a step back as he hisses. It's fucking cold.

"Don't think. Thinking leads to doubt. Doubt leads to second-guessing yourself. You should not second guess yourself...you are perfect. No need to second guess yourself."

"You say that as if you like me."

"I do like you."

Austin's comment had been sarcastic, but Willow's surety in her words about liking him has him staring at her. She likes him? For nothing but his company?  For nothing but him? He can tell she likes him. She likes him a lot and he can't for the life of him understand why. He has nothing of value to offer her, except money, but Willow is the type to see no value in money. Another woman, the ones Nash arranges for him or the ones he meets at LA parties - them, he has value. His value comes in the form of little plastic cards that they can swipe. He bets if he gave Willow a little plastic card she would cut it up and make a pretty little art project out of it. He has nothing of value or anything of substance to offer her.