3 Willow

Willow follows Nash through the house. The last few times she has been here the house has been empty, echoing, and always cold. Now, it's full, busy, and loud - still cold. Willow had hidden a few crystals over the months when she visited but they don't seem to have had any effect on the cold dark cloud that hovers over this place. This house has some seriously bad vibes. Nash asks a few people where Austin is and eventually learns he is out in the backyard. Willow keeps quiet as she follows Nash outside, expecting to see Austin sitting on a throne while someone feeds him grapes. There are more people outside talking as they blow smoke from their lips and Willow expects Nash to walk up to one of the groups and point Austin out to her. "Can you guess which one is your rapper," Nash asks. Willow scans the groups and then looks at Nash with a shrug. Everyone looks the same - rich, unapproachable, and a little nasty-looking. Nash laughs and then points out into the backyard past the pool. Willow looks out and then frowns when she sees a large man sitting all alone on the grass in a plain black hoodie and jeans, his back is to her and Zeus is draped over him as he cuddles him.

"No offense...but, that guy does not look like a rapper."

"And what does a rapper look like?" Nash asks as he starts walking towards Austin slowly. "Like you. Gold chains...maybe sitting on a chair being fed grapes. Not rolling around on the grass giggling like a little girl with a dog jumping on him - would not have thought there would be much swag in that," Willow says. Nash throws his head back and lets out a rolling laugh. "He will try to convince you that he has swag - that boy ain't got no swag," Nash says.

"Yo, Austin! I got a visitor for you man!" Nash calls when they get closer. Austin's shoulders drop, but he does not turn around. "Not really in the mood for visitors, Nash. Give them a signed copy of something and send them on their way," he mumbles. Willow's stomach swoops at the sound of his voice, that's odd. He sounds so tired, but his voice gives her goosebumps. "I would but she does not even know who you are," Nash says walking around to stand in front of him while Willow stays behind him - still caught off guard by the way her stomach swooped at just the sound of his voice. She watches Austin look up at Nash and cock his head. "Bullshit. Everyone knows who I am," Austin says. "Well, that's humble of you," Nash says now with a huge grin. "I don't mean it like that. You know what I mean. Leave me be, Nash, I can't deal with anyone right now. I don't want to see anyone," Austin says with Zeus cradled in his arms like a baby.

"You sure?"

"Please, man."

"Ok," Nash says, that smile disappearing off his face. He walks back to Willow and smiles sadly at her. "Sorry, Willow, now is not a good time. Like I said, my boy is not in the best place and some shit went down just before you arrived that only added to his downward spiral. Give me your number and I will ask him to phone you. Thank you for bringing Zeus back, he loves that dog," Nash whispers. "He won't phone...please," Willow begs, also in a whisper. "If he doesn't then I will, but please..." Nash says pushing her gently to the house. Willow turns but then stops. She can't just go without saying goodbye to Zeus and an image of a heartbroken Fern pops into her brain. She has to at least try or she will never forgive herself. "Willow..." Nash warns softly, but Willow ignores him and walks back to Austin, but stays behind him. Zeus is now fast asleep in his arms, his head hanging over his leg and pressed into the grass - sweet boy. She is now so nervous she can't for the life of her remember the speech she had been practicing.

"Ummm...you don't know me and I know you have had a hard day so I am sorry for adding to your stress. I don't mean to, but Zeus is very special to me and my nephew. My nephew has grown very close to him and would be gutted at not seeing Zeus again. We have been looking after him while you have been away and he has a special seat in my van and his own crystal and he has a job when I groom my clients - he keeps the skittish animals calm and he is very good at it. We love him...and..." she lets her voice die as she sees Austin not even bothering to look around at her. He does not care what she is saying.