21: The Storm

Joey POV

Wolf let out a whimper as the power went out. the only thing we could hear was the wind howling and hail smashing down on the roof. Daniel turned the light on from his phone so we could at least see something. Garret was huddled in the corner with Wolf at his feet and Daniel was scrolling through his phone looking at the weather alerts. I stood next Daniel, feeling safe from standing next to him. I was shaking due to the fact of the wind picking up speed.

"Joey we have a tornado warning on us." Daniel stuttered out. I squeaked and ran over to Wolf and Garret. Daniel came over a kissed me, telling me it's going to be fine. I curl up into a ball and sit there. The wind and hail stopped completely and it was silent.

"I'll be right back." Daniel said as he moved towards the stairs. I sat still waiting for his return. Daniel came back down and then held me close.

"I just heard that a tornado touched down nearby." Daniel said. Tears began to pour down my face as I cuddled further into Wolf and Garret. The wind picked up again as Daniel sat down next to us. I didn't want it to end this way. I started sniffling as the tears began to fall more rapidly. Daniel pulled me closer to him and started shushing me. I buried my head into his chest crying softly.

We all jumped when we heard a loud snap and a bang. things were getting worse as we sat in a ball in the corner of our basement. Daniel started humming a soft song as he rocked me back and forth in his warm embrace.

"It's ok Joey, It's ok." Daniel told me.