𝟎𝟏 | 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

Start from the beginning

I'll be honest, she completely lost me. I blink twice before I exchange glances with Kai and Cole, who also share my confusion. Nya passes the paper to Jay, who grabs it without hesitation.

''And where are you off to?'' My brother asks, genuinely curious.

''We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja Tank, and my Dragon Ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying once again.'' Wu answers, a small excited beam growing on his lips. ''Also, I love scenic drives. Ha-ha! Punch it, Nya!''

''Ay, ay, Sensei!'' She replies, her head turned to the sage man before driving away.

I hear a small 'Yee-haw!' coming from Sensei. I stare along with the others at the two of them who are diving away. I trail my eyes down to my brother, who is reading the words inked on the small form.

''Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen.'' He reads out loud. ''Ha! This is exactly what we need! Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd!''

''Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large.'' Cole tells as he faces all of us.

''Yeah, that's is great and all, but we still need to make sure that where we'll be training Lloyd won't be a place that looks like a massive dump.'' I speak up while crossing my arms.

Jay throws an arm on my left shoulder, transferring his body weight on that side. ''Relax, I am pretty sure that it won't be the case.'' He says, trying to stay optimistic.

''Jay, I think you must have forgotten that our budget is very low. With that much money, it is most possible that we get what Moki calls a «place that looks like a massive dump».'' Zane resonates, turning his head to my brother.

Thank you, Zane.

''Guess we will see when that Patty Key will show us our options.'' Kai adds, snatching the sheet from my brother.

''Hey!'' Jay protests while trying to gain the paper back.

''Do we even have a way to contact her?'' Cole asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

The hothead flips the small form the other side, his brows lifting them up. ''There's a phone number in the back.''

''Great, so we do have a way now.'' I mumble while my gaze trails at my brother who is still leaning against my shoulder.

I walk up a corridor along with the others as we follow the estate agent to what she called a small cozy dream. Patty Key stops right in front of a wooden door, we get right behind her, not knowing if we should be ready to be disappointed or excited. In my case, neither of them. And my opinion stands based on the outside of the building, that is honestly not that bad, but the corridor we just walked through was sombre and a little messy. The woman opens the door, revealing a tiny room — which to my surprise wasn't as bad as I thought. Sure, maybe some cleaning could be used.

''This one bedroom, one half bath is a cozy dream! Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach?'' The stylish woman starts, pointing at some part of the apartment before turning her head to us. ''Now, wait until you see the lighting!'' She exclaims before flipping the light switch on.

The single lightbulb in the chamber falls straight to the floor right after she turned it on — leaving a high-pitched breaking glass sound. I wince at the sound, furrowing my brows.