Heart of darkness

*Salvatore Boarding House,Elena and Jenna walk down the stairs into the basement with a bag. Elena approaches the door to one of the cells and peers through the barred door window.*
Elena: Alaric?
Alaric: Yep. Still me.(Elena unlocks the door and enters the cell along with Jenna. Alaric is sitting on a cot in the room.) You know, you two shouldn't be in here. It defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing.(Elena drops the bag on the ground)
Jenna: I just wanted to see you and we brought some things.
Elena: Well, you still need the basics. Toothbrush, clothes, some boring books to help you sleep.(Alaric picks up one of the books and hands it to Elena.)
Alaric: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?
Elena: What? No, I grabbed....Damon. (Drops the book on the floor.)Thinks he's hilarious.
Jenna: ugh! Damon.
Alaric: At least one of us still has a sense of humor.
Elena: Are you sure that you...? I mean you don't have to be kept in here.
Alaric: Ah, no, this is...this is the right place for me to be. At least until you guys can convince my highly uncooperative alter ego to fess up to where I or he hid the white oak stake.
Elena: We looked everywhere. You....the other you, hid it well.
Alaric: What's Klaus gonna do if you can't find it?
Elena: It's the only thing that will kill him, so wage war, murder people, you know Klaus stuff.
Alaric: What about Aria? Is she ok?
Jenna: yeah but—
Elena: she's ok but it looks like she's on team Klaus now.
Jenna: but she said that she will keep Klaus at bay and give us more time if we need it to bring the stakes back(Elena pulls up a chair and sits down in it.)
Elena: Listen, Stefan is gonna watch over you for a little while. Now that Klaus knows where Jeremy is, it's not safe so, Damon and I are gonna go to Denver to pick him up.
Alaric: Why do you say that like you're waiting for me to disapprove?
Elena: I don't know. Me and Damon. Traveling across the country.
Alaric: I guess I'm more curious to hear what Stefan has to say about it.
Elena: Actually, it was his idea. He thinks that I have some unresolved feelings for Damon.
Alaric: Do you?
Elena: I guess that's why I'm going on this trip. So I can figure it out.(Upstairs, Stefan is standing in front of the fireplace, staring into the flames. Damon is bringing luggage down for the trip.)
Damon: You hear from Klaus?
Stefan: Not yet but I think it's because Aria is there but I'm sure I will soon though.(Stefan picks up the white oak stake.) He's expecting me to deliver two stakes, I only have one.
Damon: Well, that's gonna be disappointing for him.
Stefan: I'll get it out of Alaric. I just need some time which am hoping Aria would convince him to give us.
Damon: I like that confidence, Stefan. I don't share it, but I like it.
Stefan: You don't think I can do what it takes.
Damon: Well, you're good Stefan again. You're in control. Sorry, you might get the girl but you lose the edge. Speaking of...(Elena walks into the room.)
Damon: Have you ever flown first class?
Elena: Who did you have to compel for that?
Damon: Pft, please. I use miles.(Damon picks up the luggage and walks out the door. Elena looks at Stefan.)
Elena: Stefan...
Stefan: Be safe.(Elena stares at him for a moment, and then walks out the door.)

*Mystic Falls High School,Caroline walks into the cafeteria and looks around. People are decorating for the "Roaring 20s" decade dance. Caroline sees Matt and walks over to him.*
Caroline: What is this?
Matt: It's the decade dance. Remember, you made us sign up to help?
Caroline: No. (Caroline picks up a boa.)This. The 20s. We're doing the 70s.
Rebekah: Too flashy, people. It's supposed to be speakeasy, not the World Fair.
Aria:(she sighs) Rebekah, it doesn't have to be this perfect.
Rebekah:yes it does.(Rebekah sees Caroline)Oh look who it is.(she grabs Aria's hand and walks up to her.)Ah, good, you're here. I need help setting up the tables so, get to it.
Caroline: What do you think you're doing?
Rebekah: Somebody has to be in charge.
Caroline: Yeah, me. I'm the chair of the Dance Committee. The theme of the decade dance is the 1970s.
Aria:(to Rebekah) I told you she won't like you changing—(Rebekah covers her mouth)
Rebekah: So, you'd rather dress in tacky colors with bad hair than be a classic flapper from the jazz age? Honestly, I don't know what my brother sees in you.
Aria:(she pushes her hand away)Rebekah please.
Caroline: Maybe he sees a challenge. See, unlike some other people, I don't sleep with everyone I make eye contact with or steal someone else's girlfriend.(she looks directly at Aria)
Aria: Hey, now! Don't you dare involve me in conversation. And besides how did—
Caroline: Damon.
Aria:(she scoffs) of course.
Matt: Maybe we can do both decades?
Caroline/Rebekah: (In unison.)No.
Rebekah: Go on, Matt, don't be a coward. You know you loved my 20s idea when I presented it to the group.(Caroline turns around and looks at Matt.)
Caroline: Traitor!
Rebekah: And of course,Aria agreed with my decision.
Caroline: ugh! traitor!
Aria: Oh come on,Caroline. It is just a dance and besides the 20s seem more fun.
Matt: Bell bottoms and disco? I don't know, this just seemed cooler.
Rebekah: See? It's just cooler and Aria agreed with me.
Caroline: Whatever. Have fun at your stupid dance.(Caroline walks away as Aria suddenly starts to look at her suspiciously, seeing as she didn't expect Caroline to give up that easily.Outside, Caroline is walking to her car with Matt chasing after her.)
Matt: Caroline! Wait! (Caroline pauses outside her car then turns around with a smile on her face.)
Caroline: Impressive! You sold it!
Matt: And you bought yourself a day.
Caroline: Thank you. Just keep her and maybe Aria occupied. Be careful!
Matt: You too. And uh, tell him I said hi. Okay?(Caroline nods and gets into her car.)