Chapter 58: Lady in Black

"I see you have some speed out there," Chase hears and a smile forms on his face, knowing that voice all too well. "But we all know you have a knack for charming those ladies so the Lady in Black wouldn't be anything different." 

The smirk only grows on Chase's face as he looks over his left at the man making the compliments, in his tongue instinctively licking his lips in seeing the sight before him. There was nothing wrong with the man before him in black and purple, and thankfully the black showing off every inch of him that he loved.

"We both know you aren't bad at doing that yourself," Chase comments with a wink, bringing a smirk to the face of the man before him. Why was it so simple between them? "Someone has mastered that better than us both, though."

"We are going to need to have a talk about that with him later," Alex replies, catching the reference right away. While Alex had qualified 24th for tomorrow's race at Darlington Raceway, Chase would take the green flag from 13th. Ryan, meanwhile, had beat them both in qualifying fourth. 

"There are many other things that I'd rather do to him - and you, too." Alex's jaw drops with a bit of shock in hearing how open the comments were being made, wondering if the couple crew members near Chase had heard that reference. Did they really need someone else hearing about their secret? "Those lips. That fine ass. I can't wait to touch it all and have it all later tonight." Chase then stands up and reaches for Alex's hand with his own. "There's just something special about you, Bowman." 

"Is that so, Elliott?" It seemed with one look into those chocolate brown eyes, and Alex had forgotten about all those previous worries. Instead, he found himself melting for the one person who held onto him right now. "Because let me tell you, there's something very special about you, too. I don't know how to describe it but you're just special man. Did you know that?" Alex closes the gap that was left between them, eyes locked on each other. "I love you, you better know that. There's nobody that makes me feel like you do. I hope you realize how hard you are making me right now." 

"You both may want to get a room before someone finds out about this rendezvous," a new voice chimes in, catching their attention as they immediately back away from each other in a hurry. 

"Got to go ruining a moment there Kyle," Alex offers with a roll of the eyes, before finding his way back into the chocolate brown gaze once again. "I'll see you soon." 

"I hope I don't have to listen to this throughout the whole post-practice meeting. Actually, maybe I do because the look on William's face would be priceless!" Both Alex and Chase look at Kyle with pure shock on their faces as he breaks out laughing, almost crackling like a witch. "Seriously?!?" 

"Alex trusted you when he told you about us," Chase reminds Kyle, still feeling every bit skeptical about him being one of a few that knew what was going on. He knew that Alex trusted him, but he hadn't felt the same way since the beginning. "He believed that you'd keep our secret between just us the way we wanted it. I hope we can trust you considering all the comments slipping from those lips of yours." Chase then gets up in Kyle's face, feeling Alex grab his hand as he does. "I wouldn't want an excuse to kick your ass."

"Chase...." Alex warns as he pulls his teammate back away, eyes glancing the pair in surprise. Why did they always seem to get under each other's skin? "Kyle wouldn't dare do that to us." 

"Are you sure?" Alex nods his head, as he looks back towards Kyle for assurance. "It just seems whenever I turn around he's making sly comments. What if he says the wrong thing?" 

"I wouldn't do that to Alex," Kyle comments with a deep breath. He still remembered the phone call from a couple weeks ago. It still bothered him in wondering what was possible with Kaitlyn. Why hadn't she been caught yet? "I know he has enough going on without me adding to that. Just watch your comments in public. I don't want someone else hearing..." 

Kyle then walks away as Alex keeps his hand held on Chase's, looking into his eyes in watching his reaction to what had just transpired. Why was it so hard to keep his friends at bay and getting along? 

"Are you sure that you can trust him?" Chase questions once again, only to earn a nod in response from Alex. "I am going to trust you on that. I think I can trust him, but part of me wonders sometimes. I just hope I don't regret it." Chase then pulls Alex back close once again. "I love you. I care about you." 

"I know," Alex replies as he squeezes Chase's hand a little tighter, knowing a kiss with possible eyes watching would be a bad idea. "Kyle won't ruin what we have. He knows better. Just like Ryan won't. Just like CJ and Jake won't. They all care about us and want what's best for us. Nobody is going to stop us. Not even Kaitlyn." 

"I'll kick her ass if she dares to lie a single finger on you....."