Chapter 37: Much Needed Time Away

Chase wraps an arm around Alex's shoulders, cuddling him close as they sat around the fire after roasting marshmallows.

"Are you okay?" Chase questions, earning a nod in response as Alex lays his head against Chase.

"This is exactly what I needed - we both needed," Alex answers, referencing the week they had spent away together in Colorado. There was no way to put it lightly, but the year hadn't gone how either of them would have preferred - the injuries and time off certainly not in there plans they had figured. Then if you want to add in the pair of letters delivered to ABR courtesy of Kaitlyn, and they were both on high alert. It was why when the off-weekend came about, they both immediately agreed a trip away somewhere quiet and personal was what exactly they needed. Whether there was snow on the ground, or some nice summer fun to be had, Colorado was always that spot for them both. 

"You're not lying to me as this has been a great week." Alex couldn't help but smirk a little as he thought about the things they had been able to accomplish. A game of mini putt turned into a bet, with Alex getting all the spoils that night. However, the ball game resulted in Alex having to offer Chase everything he wanted and more. If they needed any time to rekindle, this had been the perfect week to do so. "I see you smirking over there so obviously you had a great time, even if you lost most of the bets." 

"Did either of us lose when we both admittedly got spoiled every night?" Chase laughs, shaking his head no in return. 

"I wonder if Ryan is having as much fun as we're having. I wish he could've come..." Alex nods his head. While originally he hadn't been fully on-board with Ryan entering the picture, he had to admit it felt weird spending a whole week away from him as Ryan took a different approach to the time off. That said, it'd make the reunion once they returned that much more electric. "That said, you were right - we both needed this time, together, alone. I've missed these tender moments together." 

"Let's make a pack that for the rest of the year, we have a great season on-track with checkered flags and no stupid non-sense, and fill each other with tender moments and love." Chase wasn't about to argue in that regard, as he places a light kiss on Alex's lips. 

"Let's also make a pack that we don't spoil what we have with our teammates. We don't need to give William any more reasons to be curious, or Kyle any more reasons to share jokes." Alex lets out a sigh, knowing the last race right before the break was filled with a bit of both before the event. However, the words that Kyle shared in that he'd make sure to not mess things up for them kept ringing his mind with assurance. 

"We don't have to worry about them, Chase. Kyle said that he likes seeing us together, and doesn't want to mess that up - I believe him." Chase wasn't about to argue, having seen the genuine side in their teammate along the way. 

"Could you imagine if William found out and told Erin?" They both chuckle together at the thought. 

"Given all the rumors about you and Ryan, she'd probably just laugh it off. I'd be the one to catch her by surprise." Chase wasn't about to argue that, having seen everyone's conversations in what they suspected was happening. 

"Guess nobody knows the biggest secret in the garage is that you are the most amazing, sweetest, caring human being. I love you, Alex." Chase then places another kiss on Alex's lips. "I love you, forever and always. I don't know what I'd do without you." 

"You'd probably just go running to Ry-"

"Seriously?" Chase then shifts so he has Alex pinned against the chair. "Do you really think so? Because I can tell you right now that nobody compares to you, not even Ryan. You have my heart, probably more than you realize. I haven't loved anyone as much as I love you. You're my whole world, Alex." Chase then places another kiss on Alex's lips, this time with more passion laced behind it. He then reaches his hand down his pants, stroking him ever so lightly, while twirling their tongues together. "There's nobody that I'd rather do this with than you. There's nobody else that I want to be with you than you." 

"Is that so?" Chase then nods his head, before placing a kiss on Alex's neck. 

"Do I need to show you just how much I care about you?" He then kisses the other side of his neck, hearing a moan escape Alex's lips in the process. "It seems I've caught your attention there, boy. I'm the only one that can probably do that to you so quickly and easily."  

"That's not a lie." Alex then wraps his arms around Chase, pushing his body against his own. "Maybe I was hoping that's what you'd do as we both want it, and I know just what makes you tick. Chase, I know just how much you love and care about me because it goes both ways. I can't see myself with anyone else, either." 

"That better not change..." Chase then slips Alex's shorts off, glad he had chosen to forego the boxers that day. It seemed they were just getting thrown away anyway. "But I want to give you a reason to not forget." He then slithers his way down Alex's body, placing kisses along the way, before letting just the bare tip of his tongue touch Alex's cock. 

"Show me why you're the man of my dreams. Give me the reason why I need to come crawling back to you every night. Show me just how much I mean to you, Chase." Alex then thrust his hips off the chair, brushing his cock right against Chase's face. "We both know this is what you want more than anything. Have your lollipop, boy."