Chapter 53: Michigan

Alex stood on pit road in-between practice and qualifying, smile fixed on his face. Perhaps there was some hope on the other side as after a series of weeks not going anywhere near as hoped, there was speed in the No. 48 Ally Racing Chevrolet. 

Now they had to just carry that forward into the rest of the weekend, and get the job done when it mattered on Sunday. 

However, his mind wasn't thinking about that at the moment. 

Instead, his eyes found themselves fixated on his teammate right now. He couldn't help but scan every single inch of him. Those toned arms always felt good comforting him. That butt always felt good to smack, and rub. Those legs were the definition of strength if the positions in the bedsroom were any indication. How did he get so lucky to fall in love with a man as incredible as him? 

"Someone is staring," he hears, breaking his attention span immediately, to which he had to let out a grunt in response. Why couldn't he focus on him and everything that could possibly occur later that night? He could be pinned against wall, soft lips touching his. He could be pinned down on the bed, clothes thrown to the side, soft kisses blessing every inch of his body. "Could you imagine the headlines if someone caught you staring at him? Could you imagine the headlines if everyone knew what you two were doing together? I don't think you could save yourself from all the crazy fans that would want to torch your ass. There'd be a herd of jealous woman chasing after you. Heck, some of them are fans of both of you and would be requesting a threesome. That'd be insanity!"

"Are you done yet?" Alex questions, looking over at Kyle in complete amazement of the theory developed in the head of his. There were some times he wished his teammate knew nothing about what was going on behind the scenes. This was certainly one of those times.

"Could you imagine if William found out that you were not only sleeping with our teammate, but also his future brother-in-law?" Alex just rolls his eyes in disbelief in hearing the series of comments. Why did he open his mouth and tell Kyle the truth? "That'd just be awkward the more I think about it. Wait - Chase took Erin to a banquet as a date. So his girlfriend's ex who is his teammate is sleeping with his teammate and brother-in-law? Gosh, family reunions could be fun. I can only imagine the stories that would be shared. For the record, are you and Chase welcome to Ryan's Thanksgiving family dinner?"

"Did you know that you're just cruising for a bruising right now? Like, are you done yet? How entertained are you right now?" Kyle just laughs back in response to Alex's comments as he looks over at William. "And please don't even start on William and Chase. I don't need to hear the jealousy in what I am seeing comments. I don't need to hear the pondering what they could be planning on the side. I can tell you right now there is no way that'd ever happen." 

"Considering I am getting under your skin right now, I don't need to say anything. It's clear that you're jealous your teammate goes to William for advice and not you. It's clear that you're jealous they're going to be spending a whole two days together at Berlin Raceway." Alex freezes at the comment, almost letting out a curse in response. He forgot that Chase had signed up to run the Battle at the Berlin. That meant there'd be two days this week they wouldn't be together. How was he supposed to survive? He barely survived hours spent apart. These 48 hours would probably be torture. "Alex?"

"I'm fine." He takes a deep breath, forcing himself to forget about what he was thinking. He didn't let the past nights at the shops and ponder of mystery visitor bother him. He forgot about the text messages that had been coming through to his phone. But what if? There was 48 hours where they'd be apart and everybody knows what almost occurred the last time that happened, possibly, maybe, probably not as she just meant to scare them. "I just forgot about him running Berlin. I forgot that was this coming week ahead. I'm fine." 

"You may be saying that, but I can tell differently...." Kyle stops and lays his full attention on his teammate. "Chase told me about the text messages, the shop visits and everything that is going on so I know what you're thinking. I know where your mind went immediately. Relax, and know that he'll have William, Ricky, Bubba and a whole slew of others there if something happens. I also know that you'll be home with Ryan and the dogs if anything happens there." Kyle reaches over, taking Alex's hand with his own. "Take a deep breath and breathe. Everything is going to be fine, okay? There is nothing to worry about. It'll be done and over with before you know it, with a win to celebrate in the process." 

"Are you sur-"

"Every time Chase has gotten behind a late model this year, he has shown speed and been fast. Now take him to a place where he has laps before and being back used to driving those cars and it should be a magical day." Alex nods his head in agreement, a smile forming on his face as he thinks about the possibility of that occurring. He knew the celebration when Chase returned home would be quite special.

"It'll just mean double the celebration as I plan on doing some of my own tomorrow." Kyle chuckles in response as while he was glad to have brought a smile back to Alex's face, he was ready to bust his plans wide open.

"You can enjoy the single celebration that you'll get on Wednesday, because pretty sure I'm spoiling your plans tomorrow. I want you to make the playoffs, but I also want to win pretty badly." 

"Can't you share just once in your life?" Kyle thinks it over, debating just how to word in response in return in knowing he had a lot of ample lines that could be used.

"I'm sorry but unlike our teammate, I don't share well....." Kyle walks away as Alex thinks the line over. As Kyle gets back to his own pit, the thought comes to Alex as he just shakes his head in response. Of course that's where Kyle would take the comments.

"I'm glad that he shares well because damn, I can't wait to get my hands on him tonight...."