𝟐.

Opening the door, all eyes were on her. Shocked and relief were seen in them. Greeting everyone, Aimee's eye landed on her parents who gave her a huge smile before getting out of their seats to engulf their daughter.

"Oh my baby, I miss you so much", Lorraine laughed extremely happy to finally hug her daughter after 7 years of just calling on the phone. Aimee closed her eyes when instant comfort engulfed her. It was Ed's turn to greet but he stood there looking at his daughter with sad eyes. She looked so different compared to the last he saw her. The divorce and everything that she went through must have really taken a toll on her.

"Hi, daddy. I miss you", she said wrapping her arms around her father who hugged her back tightly trying not to cry. The family went to sit back down after their moment to discuss the cases. Father Gordon and her parents went first before her. Soon it was nighttime, everyone left their separate ways.

"Aimee, where are you going?", Ed asked when he saw her walking towards her car.

"I'm going back home", she said. Ed shook his head giving Lorraine a look.

"Honey, come back home with us. Let's have family time before you go. Stay for a week or three-".

"A week. I'll stay for a week", Aimee gave a quick smile and went to drive back to her old house. "Home sweet home". Opening the door, she went in feeling comfortable immediately which she hadn't felt in a while.

"Goldie?", this made Aimee's heart stop. It was like time had stopped when she saw the young lady in the kitchen.

"Ju... Judy is that you?". Judy dropped everything to run to her older sister giving her a big hug. This made Aimee realize how much time had passed, she didn't even really it had been 7 years. Her sister from 16 had become 23 now. The two sisters didn't say anything but hug each other. Their mother called them in for dinner after their hug.

"I would like to say something", her family turned their attention to her. "I would like to apologize for leaving and not let everyone know about my whereabouts. I want to open up with everything". Lorraine held her daughter's hand to encourage her to speak her heart out knowing it was hard for her.

"I've been going through depression since then and have been taking pills for it. It got bad at the point I... urm- cut myself". Looking down in shame upon the silence. "I lost both the people I really love and I don't want to lose all of you too. So, I decided to live with all of you again and start getting better with help instead of keeping it to myself". Chair's scraping on the ground, she felt three people hugging her.

"We love you, Aimee, don't worry we will help you at your worst"

"You're so strong, honey"

"Goldie, let's go through this together"

____________________

"Goodnight, everyone". Aimee went into her old room looking at everything that was left untouched. Walking through her room, pictures were scattered on the floor. Reaching down she picked up the pictures... there he was. Drew Thomas. The picture was their first date at his family's farm. And another picture of Aimee and Davina eating ice cream messily on the sidewalk.

"My beloved Davina, how are you doing", Aimee sniffled touching the picture of her on the hospital bed with newborn Davina in her arms. She then placed the picture on her dresser when she saw someone walk past her room from the mirror. "What the- ".

Walking out of her room, she saw a woman in a bloodied white wedding dress smiling at her menacingly at the end of the hallway. Aimee then turned to run back into her room but the woman was in front of her when she turned.

"DAD!!", Aimee screamed when the woman wrapped her hand around Aimee's throat. "HELP!! MU- UM!!". She managed to let out as her body slammed against the wall but no one from inside could hear her screams. Before she could open her mouth to pray, her body fell to the ground. The woman was no longer seen.

Crawling back to stand up, she got scratched on the arm hard. "Fuck, you want the picture. Take it", Aimee exclaimed looking around her room when it stopped at her parents and Judy standing there in horror.

"Honey, put... put the knife down... please", Ed stuttered when his daughter walked into the kitchen cutting her arm thrice. Aimee shook her head as if she was in a trance, that's when she realized what she had done.

"Oh my god, I- Dad... Don't touch the picture", she cried out looking at the picture next to her. Ed quickly did as she said and went to place the book in the artifact room.

"We'll talk about what happen tomorrow", Lorraine wrapped the bandage around her daughter's arm. "Breaks my heart to see you like this. When did you start cutting yourself?". Lorraine ran her fingers over the bumps on her wrist.

"When it really got to me. I couldn't forgive myself and I don't blame Drew for everything but got to say it hurt for him to think, you know that I'll hurt him and Davina and that I'm dangerous".

"He was wrong for saying that, yes. But don't let him get into your head, you'll get your happy ending". With that, Lorraine tucked her daughter into bed like old times. "I love you, my Marigold".

If your going through something, don't be afraid to let people you love know. I went through this myself and I would like everyone to know that life can be tiring sometimes but don't take the easier way out, everything will be better soon promise yourself that. Don't have the mindset that you will never get better, it will get better sooner or later. I'm proud of everyone and myself for being strong on dealing with mental illness.