𝟒.

Aimee's outfit is above
~~~

"It's a witches totem, used by Satanists in their rituals", Lorraine explained showing the picture of the witchcraft to Debbie who sat in the Warrens household.

"Remember how I told you that an inhuman spirit needs to be invited? And you couldn't imagine how David could do that? Well, you were right, he didn't", Ed says taking a seat.

"We think David was cursed. And on the night of the exorcism, the curse was passed from David into Arne", Lorraine stated.

"Cursed? Are you saying someone did this to us... on purpose?", Debbie asked looking at them in disbelief as she cradled Davina in her arms.

"We've heard of satanic rituals like this. The demon is summoned, the possessed individual takes a life and the demon departs", Ed said.

"Which is why Arne was able to read from the Bible afterward", Aimee stated. "We think whoever cursed David used this to draw the demon".

"And... we'd like you to start mailing these out to every police department you can find. Start locally", Ed explained passing out the stack of pictures. "And just find out if they've ever seen anything like this".

"There might be someone else we can ask about this. Do you remember the priest who helped expose the Disciples of the Ram cult?", Father Gordon asked taking the picture from Drew's hands. "It would've been about 10 or 12 years ago-".

"Father Kastner?", Aimee guessed.

"Yeah, you're right. Only it isn't 'Father' anymore, he's been retired for a while. He tried to help those people. He tried to understand why they did what they did. If anyone is going to be able to tell us what this is, it's him", Father Gordon stated.

------------

"Ooh he has chickens too, mum", Aimee grinned pointing at Father Kastner who was feeding the chickens.

"Come on", Ed says getting out of the car. Drew got out running to the other side of the car to open the car door for Aimee and Davina.

"Thank you, darling", Aimee kissed Drew's cheek. The four walked towards Father Kastner who somehow wasn't aware they were behind him. "Father Kastner?".

"I didn't hear a car drive in", Father Kastner says facing the five. His eyes lingered more on the baby in Aimee's arms. "Would either of you care for an omelet?", he lifted the basket of chicken eggs.

"We had breakfast before we left home", Ed chuckled. "I'm Ed Warren, this is my wife Lorraine together with our daughter Aimee Warren and her husband Drew Thomas". Ed stretches his arm forward to shake Father Kastner's hand.

"I have chicken shit on my hands", Father Kastner says causing the four to let out a breathy laugh. The five took a sit on Father Kastner's front porch. They watched as he opened the letter containing the picture of the witchcraft.

"Forget you ever saw this", Father Kastner stuttered.

"You've seen it before?", Lorraine asked.

"No. But I've seen ones like it. This is sophisticated. It's a very nasty piece of work", he answered nervously. Aimee narrowed her eyes at Father Kastner cause he kept looking at Davina worriedly. She then pulled her daughter closer not feeling comfortable with him eyeing the baby weirdly.

"What I don't understand is... is why?", Ed stuttered. "David, the little boy who was possessed, he didn't do anything wrong. Why would someone target this family?".

"Why? The 'Why' is irrelevant. The 'why' is counter to everything that the Satanist stands for. His sole aim is chaos. His nectar is despair", Father Kastner explained.

"But someone had to put it under their house. So, what does this tell you about the person who made it?", Lorraine asked.

"Come with me", Father Kastner says standing up.

"Honey, you stay here. Drew can come with us", Ed told Aimee who nodded not wanting to bring her daughter wherever.

"I'll wait by the car. Be careful", Aimee says. Drew walked up to his wife and daughter kissing them before following the three into the house.

"Come, sweetheart try to walk", Aimee says setting Davina down on her feet. "Walk to mama". She held her daughter's hand trying to get her to walk. Aimee laughed as Davina took little steps. "Good jo-". She was cut off by the gravel crunching on the ground behind her.

"Whose there?", she demanded picking Davina up looking around the place. Looking at the ground, there was a footprint on the dirt. "Whose there?".

"Baby... Need your baby", she heard the same voice she heard at the Glatzels house. "Sacrifice".

"Aimee?". Aimee turned around looking at everyone who was looking at her worriedly. "You okay?".

"Yeah... Davina walked", she said earning smiles from everyone. "Is it alright if I speak with Father Kastner?".

"We'll wait in the car", Lorraine says patting her daughter's cheek. "Give me our little walker". Aimee passed the baby to Lorraine. Once the four entered the car, Aimee faced Father Kastner.

"I have a question, Father. The witch's totem... is there a sacrifice needed? I just heard about it somewhere", Aimee asked playing with the pocket watch Judy gifted her. Father Kastner kept fidgeting at the question as if he knew she knew about something. 

"Some isn't needed. But the baby's blood is innocent and they are pure. So, some will use them for their blood. That totem you showed... your- I mean a baby needs for it". Aimee narrowed her eyes at his slip-up but choose to ignore it.

"Thank you, Father", Aimee forced a smile before walking back to the car.