𝟐.

"It scares us just thinking about it. When you hear it, you're gonna think we're insane", Debbie said to the Warrens.

"Try us. Please, from the start", Ed gestured. "Drew, camera please". Drew nodded turning on the camera and the tape recorder.

"It started out small, like a hand or a leg was in a different position. Then its head was looking up instead of down. And then one day, it was in a completely different room. It was moving around by itself", Debbie explained.

"Ever think maybe somebody had a key to your apartment and was playing a trick on you?", Ed asked to make sure it wasn't a hoax.

"That's exactly what we thought. But we never once did we find any sign or evidence of intrusion", she took a glance at the doll scaredly.

"And this all led you to believe that the doll was possessed?", Lorraine asked. The two girls in front of them answered 'yes' simultaneously except the guy sitting at the end of the couch looking anxious. It was quite suspicious from Aimee's point of view.

"Camilla got in touch with a medium. We learned from her that a 7-year-old girl named Annabelle Higgins had died in this apartment. She was lonely and took a liking to my doll. All she wanted was to be friends", Debbie explained.

"When we heard this, we felt really sorry for her. I mean, we're nurses, we help people. So... we gave her permission to move into the doll", Camilla answered looking guilty.

"Wait... you did what?", Aimee exclaimed looking at the two girls in disbelief.

"She wanted to live with us by inhabiting the doll. We said yes", Camilla quickly defended herself.

"But then things got worse", Debbie added. "When we came home, she was sitting in the hallway. But we had left her in the spare room. The spare room we placed her in was destroyed. And the red crayon in the doll's hand was around the room. The walls were vandalized by red-colored drawings. I threw the doll out together with the note".

"What did the note say?", Aimee asked leaning back slightly.

"The notes say 'miss me' and in the spare room, the same words were written on the ceiling with the red crayon"

"When we went to bed, there was a loud banging on the door. We were shocked that the neighbors didn't hear it cause it was loud. Like really loud. On the doorstep, the note which I threw out was there".

"Suddenly, the spare room door banged loudly beside me. When I opened it, the doll was there", Camilla finished.

"We are beyond terrified. We don't know what's going on or what to do. Can you help us?", Debbie asked looking at the Warrens pleadingly.

"Yes, we can. Now, firstly, there's no such thing as Annabelle, and there never was", Ed went straight to the point.

"Ghosts don't possess such power. I think what we have here is something extremely manipulative. It's something inhuman", Lorraine explained to the three in front of her.

"It was a big mistake acknowledging this doll. And through that, the inhuman spirit tricked you. You gave it permission to infest your lives", Aimee added.

"What's an inhuman spirit?", Camilla asked.

"It's something that's never walked the earth in human form. It's something demonic", Aimee answered. The Warrens plus Drew (forgot about him lol) watched as the two girls and boys' faces drop.

"So... so the doll was never possessed?", Debbie stuttered.

"No, no, it was used as a conduit. It was moved around to give the impression of possession. Demonic sports don't possess things, they possess people. It wanted to get inside of you", Aimee answered. Realization struck the three's faces.

"Alright, that's good, Drew. You can shut it down now", Ed told Drew who turned off the projector. "Hit the lights". The lights were then turned on causing everyone to groan after looking at the screen in the dark.

"So, we got the church to send a priest over to bless the house and the occupants. Whatever was pressing the apartment was no longer with them. Any question?", Ed asked. The Warrens chuckled at the number of hands being raised. "Yes", he pointed at the women.

"Where's the doll now?", the woman asked.

"Taking a nice afternoon walk outside", Aimee answered before her mother could. Everyone in the audience laughed so did her parents. "Just kidding. The doll is someplace safe".

"So, what are you guys?", the guy Ed picked asked. "I mean, what do people call you?".

"Uh, well, we've been called Demonologists. That's one name for us. Ghost hunters, paranormal researchers", Ed listed down.

"Kooks", Lorraine added making everyone laugh once again. "But we prefer to be known simply as Ed and Lorraine Warren together with our daughter Aimee Warren". The talk then ended there.

"Hey, Ed, Lorraine, I'm going off first. I'll see you tomorrow", Drew informed the two.

"Alright. Drive safely", Lorraine patted his shoulder.

"You're going already?", Aimee asked Drew who was walking to his van. He nodded smiling moving to stand in front of her.

"See you tomorrow", he patted her head which made her blush.

"I saw that Drew", Ed shouted from the car. Lorraine whacked his arm when people looked at the married couple to see why he was screaming. "Ouch, honey".

"Bye, Aimee", Drew winked at her before driving off.

"Mum, can we stop by the mall for a moment I need to get a few things", Aimee told her.

"What things?".

"Ice cream and beads".

-----------

"Judy, I'm home", Aimee shouted when she walked into the house. Thunderous footsteps came running down the stairs and into her arms.

"GOLDIE!!", Judy cheered wrapping her legs around Aimee's waist and arms around her neck. "I miss you".

"Who wouldn't? Guess what?", she asked her sister moving to sit on the couch.

"What?", she asked jumping excitedly on her seat.

"I got ice cream and beads", Aimee told her. Judy cheered loudly running towards her parents.

"Oh my, what's gotten you so happy?", Ed asked lifting Judy into his arms.

"Goldie got me ice cream and beads", Judy smiled happily.

"You can have ice cream and play with the beads after you wash up for dinner. Come on. You too Marigold", Lorraine pointed at her.

"You know when you gave birth to me, you should have just name me Marigold Warren since my first name is never in use", Aimee sassed.

"Aimee, go get ready for dinner", Ed told her. "Look at that I used your first name, now go". He stuck his tongue out at Aimee who did the same.

"Both of you are like children. Aimee help Judy wash up", Lorraine says.

"What about you both?", Aimee asked.

"We are", Ed smirked at his wife giving her the look. Aimee gagged at her parents' disgusting flirting.

"Please there's a child here for god's sake", Aimee covered Judy's ears while walking up the stairs.