𝟏.

Aimee's outfit is above
~~~

"Mummy, can I have a cookie, please?", the six-year-old asked her mother who chuckled shaking her head. Her heart beats faster with excitement at the sound of the plastic.

"You can only have two, okay?", Lorraine said to her daughter who nodded excitedly before grabbing the cookies from her mother.

"Thank you, mummy", Aimee thanked her mother. The Warrens happily sang harmoniously to a song by Elvis Presley when two songs in the car came to a sudden stop in the middle of nowhere.

"Ed? What's happening?", Lorraine asked her husband who tried turning the key to start up the car which kept breaking down after each turn of the key.

"I don't know it was fine a while ago, I'll just go pop the hood". Ed exited the car leaving the two girls alone. Not long after, Ed came back into the car with a frustrated expression. "Nothing's wrong with the car, it just won't start". As the two married couples were discussing, Aimee noticed a man not far from them in a gas station.

"Daddy, we can ask the man over there to help us", Aimee tapped her father's shoulder pointing to the gas station. Ed looked at the gas station squinting his eyes but couldn't seem to see anything. However, Lorraine looks at her daughter with a slightly knowing, and terrified look.

"What man? There's no man there, hon". Ed turned around to look at his daughter furrowing his eyebrows. Aimee lifted her eyes to look at him when she gasped when she saw something.

"He... he's standing over there... looking at us", she pointed where she saw the man standing right in front of the car. Ed and Lorraine turned around slowly but doesn't seem to see anything.

"Come with me", a hoarse voice whispered in her ear that made her have goosebumps. Aimee turned her head towards the voice only for her to let out an ear-piercing scream. The appearance and the stench of the man were equally horrid.

"MUMMY!!", Aimee screamed.

"Aimee, honey, wake up", Lorraine shook Aimee's sleeping figure. Aimee had beads of sweat running down her flushed face. The married couple ran upstairs when they heard their daughter mumbling and sobbing from downstairs.

"Goldie? Wake up", Judy laid down on Aimee's bed snuggling with her older sister who soon fluttered her eyes open to see her family looking at her worriedly.

"What are you guys doing here? I was having my beauty sleep but... I don't feel beautiful", Aimee groaned looking at the time. 8.30 am.

"You still thinking about it?", Lorraine asked wiping her sweaty forehead with a cloth.

"I- It... I can't stop thinking about it. It's like glued to my memory", Aimee hugged Judy who snuggled into her more.

"Goldie? Wanna make paper stars with me? Nanna bought me the colored paper", Judy says trying to lighten the mood.

"Okay after I shower then we'll make paper stars". Aimee sat up feeling disgusted at the feeling of her sweaty body just from a nightmare.

"By the way, we have to leave at 1.30 for the talk", Ed reminded her before they left.

----------

"What are you doing here?", Aimee asked Drew confused as to why he didn't join the other Warrens in the living room.

"I'm hungry but I don't want to go through anyone's stuff", he said. After 5 years of working together his still respectful that's why Aimee liked him.

"Bacon and egg sandwich?", she asked raising an eyebrow. "I'll make one for you".

"Yes please. Do you still have cookies? I want to bring some to the talk". He watched as she began running around the kitchen to prepare breakfast for him.

"Yeah, I left some for you in the fridge 'cause you like your cookies cold". Just then Judy ran inside the kitchen settling next to Drew with her arts and craft kit which she brings everywhere with her.

"Do you know how to make paper stars? I can teach you", Judy gave him puppy eyes as Aimee placed the bacon and eggs sandwiches in front of the hungry man.

"Judy let him eat first, come on, I'll make it with you". Aimee grabbed the blue paper forming it into a perfect blue star. "Your first star".

"Look I made a pink one", Judy giggled showing the pink paper star she folded before placing it into a clear glass jar to put the stars in.

"Good job, Judy", Aimee kissed Judy's temple smiling down at her.

"Aimee go get ready for the talk... you too Drew", Ed says grimacing at the chili sauce at the corner of Drew's mouth.

"You have chili sauce on your face". Aimee grabbed a napkin helping Drew wipe it off his mouth oblivious at the look he was giving her. Soon she was yanked back by her white nightgown. "Mister why is you pulling me?".

"Maam why is you not ready?", Ed gave his daughter a pointed look. "And Drew is capable of wiping chili sauce off his face". Drew looked amuse at the father-daughter relationship so did Lorraine.

"Goldie, your leaving? I don't have anyone to make paper stars with me", Judy pouted looking down at her bunny slippers.

"Oh, honey, Aimee will be back as soon as she can", Lorraine brushed Judy's fallen hair out of her face. Aimee crouched down to the level of her sister so that she can look at her properly.

"I'll be back home as soon as I can then we'll go out for ice cream together. I'll buy you toys", Aimee suggested swinging both her sister's hands back and forth.

"I want beads", Judy smiled at her older sister.

"We'll get ice cream and beads". Judy immedietly hugged her sister before running off to nanna.

"Come on, we don't want to be late. Aimee go with Drew", Lorraine says ushering them out before her protective husband could stop them.

"You look good", Drew complimented her while helping to open the van door for her. "My lady".

"Thank you, kind sir", both of them quickly took their seats and drove off to the talk with the Warren couple following along behind.

"Why does Judy call you Goldie?", he asked out of curiousity.

"My middle name is Marigold. Ever since she found out she kept going around calling me Goldie", she laughed at the memory.

"When did you find out that you can see- you know it? It's okay if you don't want to answer", Drew asked looking at her for a second before shifting his eyes to the road. "Sorry I shouldn't have as-".

"No it fine. I was 6 when I saw it. Me and my parents went for a picnic at the beach together. It was getting dark when we were driving home... the car broke down suddenly in the middle of the road the only that could be seen was a gas station. I saw a man at the gas station but mum and dad didn't see anything when suddenly the man was next to me in the car. He had no eyes and covered in blood", she shuddered at the memory.

"I saw it in the toilet when I was 11. It was a girl", Drew told her.

"Mum said it's a gift from god. But it makes me weak. And I'm scared. I hate feeling like this all the time", she sniffled. A hand was then placed on top of hers.

"The fact you dealt with it for 13 years shows that you're not weak, Aimee. Everybody is afraid. It's okay to be afraid", Drew told her squeezing her hand reassuringly. "We're here".