I instantly calmed at his sad tone. "Baby, I laid out your outfit this morning" I pause my lips, "In fact what are you wearing?" It was then I noticed that he had on jeans, vest sweaters, oh God this man didn't plan to leave the house looking like the grinch!

Ayo pouts at me, "why are you looking at me like that! I could barely concentrate!" He sounded so vulnerable my heart broke.

I gently took his hands, helping him to his feet, I wrap my arms securely around him, Ayo lay his head on my shoulder. I rub his back gently. I knew how difficult it was for him, he had to be strong for everyone, not once did he cry in front of his family or anyone, rather he was the one giving the sympathy.

I understood the bad shape he was in, he barely slept at night, few times I've had to stay awake with him either to watch him sleep because he was scared, I've became his watch guard, Ayo would know if I started dozing, then he would wake up and whine for hours until I promised not to sleep, he demanded that I never left his sight, Ayo would lock himself in the bedroom and refuse to talk to anyone not even his friends or visitors made him talk.

"Are you mad at me?" Ayo whispers.

I held his face, "No baby, I understand everything. But you would have to change" cause ain't no way he'll go out looking like he doesn't have a wife!

Ayo frown, "why?"

I roll my eyes, "Don't argue with me Ayo" I release him and went to get the clothes I earlier picked out for him. The entire family were dressed in blue native Aseobi and Ayo was supppsed to wear an agbada (Yoruba customary male attire)  "Change now Ayo, we're getting late."

Ayo roll his eyes, he collects the clothes from me and went to change. I reapplied my makeup while he got ready.

"What shoes are my wearing?"

"I thought you would want to wear sliders or you wanna wear shoes?"

Ayo shook his head no. As I rearranged my gele, I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, then laid his head against mine.

"What wrong?"

Ayo shook his head, "I'm just thinking about how I won the lottery for the best wife any man could ask for in the world" he kiss my head.

I blush. "Thank you baby. You look good."

Ayo roll his eyes, "I look like shit wifey, like I'm carrying the world on my shoulders."

I turn around to face him, "Everything will be fine baby, you just gotta stop worrying."

Ayo exhale, "Yeah, as long as I have you by my side everything will be fine" he smile at me, First time in weeks.

I smile back, "I'm never leaving you, plus we have to get going now."

"Do I have to go?"

"Ayo?"

Ayo doesn't say anything instead he hugs me tight, after few minutes he release me, "Let's go."

_

Amongst all the funeral service I've attended, my mother-in-laws proved to be the most draining. First, the service seemed to drag along for what seemed like eternity, and trust me at some point I was ready for the damn year to end!