7 - Aaliyah

🌹A week later 🌹

"So we look forward to seeing you on Monday, thank you for your time" Ms Grace a representative from LVMH say on Skype.

I nod. "Okay thank you bye" I ended the video call with a deep sigh. How was I going to tell Ayo I she had to travel in two days time?? I wore a MIL merch over my bikers short and matched downstairs to wait for Ayo.

Lately we've been ignoring each other, Ayo spent more time outside either at the studio or at one interview or God knows where. It was like he forgot I existed. I wasnt too bothered but at the same time I was worried. I knew he'd be extremely busy now that the album was out, I just didn't think he'd too busy to even remember his own wife!!!

I played with the diamond ring on my left finger, I remembered when Ayo proposed to me, he rented out the Wembley stadium just for me to say yes. I cried my eyes out that day, even on the day of the wedding in Paris I still cried. I knew what I signed herself into, marrying into music was way harder than she thought especially if he was someone as popular as Wizkid.

Women threw themselves freely at him and I knew musicians especially ones like Wizkid wouldn't resist women but Ayo did at least to my knowledge and that made me love him more but sometimes I doubted if there wasn't any other woman out there pleasing him when I wasn't.

The door knob pushing open, Zion runs in ahead of Ayo squealing happily. Ayo shut the door behind him, he drop his keys on the table.

"Mama!!!" Zion squeal follow by me talking to his four year old son.

For strange reasons all his other kids called me Mama which was really weird considering I was not their real mother not that Ayo was against it, he actually liked that they accepted me and I also didn't mind.

Ayo enter the sitting room, he smile at me carrying Zion in her arms, both of us talking and smiling. My heart skipped a beat, I knew I'd make a good mother to our kids. I just felt bad that I couldn't have kids now not that Ayo was bothered about it, sometimes I wished we don't have to fight all the time and....

"Ayo?"

Ayo blink, he clear his throat. "yeah?"

"I said welcome back. You were just staring at me" I frowns. "Are you okay?"

Ayo nods and went to sit on a sofa. "Yeah. You?"

I drops Zion and face Ayo. "Yeah. How was everything?"

"It's gets better wifey. YouTube reached out to me, they want to film an official documentary with me. A day in my life" he smile as he shared the good news.

I beam back at him. "Really? That's great! When is it?" I ask

"On the twenty-seventh of this month"

My face fell, I was going to be in Los Angeles that time.

"Aaliyah?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Why are you quiet?" Ayo ask

I turn to Zion. "Why don't you find Mama J and ask her to give you that orange juice yeah?" I told the four year old.
Zion jumps down from the chair and ran towards the kitchen. I face my husband who watched me like I grew ten head.