59 - Ayo

"Dem say they bad but I swear Dem do nothing oo" I sang along with crowd. It was the vibes on the beach at landmark aka my last show in Nigeria and in a while. I've been performing for months now I was exhausted as fuck.
After performing more songs from the new album it was time to bid everyone good night.

Fans raced about trying to get to me, I posed for pictures with some, signed autographs then hurried off, I know my fans once you start giving them attention they won't go away and I was trying to leave. I change out of the clothes I had on into something else and went to the cabana. Few celebs sat around drinking and smoking.

"Starboy!" It was olamide, we performed together hours ago. "My man!" We dab. Olamide and I were not really close but we respected each other a lot.

"How you dey na? You sha don leave us for naija?" He joked.

I shook my head laughing, "no be so oo." We joke some more before we sat down. On my table was olamide, baba Are, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage and some other actress and actors I don't know their names. I look around noticing Aaliyah was no where to be found. I frown and brought out my phone to text her.

"Isn't that Aaliyah?" I heard an actress whisper to another. I follow their eyes to the direction they were looking, I smirk. Aaliyah cute ass was dressed in blue armless and matching trouser, her hair sleeked back with long love shaped earrings, a blue Chanel purse, few jewelries on her wrist. She was smiling at something Thyra was saying to her. She looks up and her eyes searched around until it set on me. She catwalk her way towards me.

"Hey baby!" Aaliyah beams, she sat on my legs and peck my lips. I smirk and snake my arms around her waist.

"What took you so long? I was about to call you" I told her. Aaliyah laugh and stood up, she sat beside me and pat the space for Thyra. "I swear we got lost twice tryna find this cabana, Thyra ass said it wasn't here"

Thyra roll her eyes, "I didn't know okay? And besides I thought it was the one on the left what's it called Ayo?"

"Oniru?"

Thyra snap her fingers, "told ya!"

I shook my head at them. Aaliyah face the table. "Oh my bad, hey y'all" she waves at everyone. They all waved back and said their hi's. I almost laughed.

Aaliyah turns to me again. "Baby you're not going to believe what happened!"

I pour drinks in our cup, "no tell me." Aaliyah went on to tell me the story of how she and Thyra found a sacrificial offering when they got lost. "Do people still do that?" She finish her story.

"They do plenty more Aaliyah, hope you didn't touch it or something" I'll be damned if Aaliyah inquisitive ass touched a sacrifice. Aaliyah scrunch her nose, "ewww no! We screamed and ran away"

I laugh imagining how they must've screamed. Aaliyah and her friends usually acted like prom queens over somethings, they exaggerate everything. Aaliyah turns to Thyra, both women engage in discussions while I half-listened to whatever the rest were saying. Few times I saw the women at the table look at Aaliyah with wonder.

I remember when I first announced I was getting married to an American. I swore half the world thought I was joking. When I brought Aaliyah to Nigeria for the first time, you needed to see how everyone was going crazy just to meet her or even talk to her. Aaliyah gave me a sense of pride, like when people talk about her with awe I always found myself smiling, like how they were looking at her.