8 - Aaliyah

🌹Sunday 19th November. 🌹

I spent the entire day packing my bags for LA. After my fight with Ayo and he left, he didn't return home, he wasn't picking my calls or replying my text. I spent hours crying but there was nothing I could do about, I just hopes he wasn't too angry with me and does anything to hurt me.

I heard the bedroom open and close, Ayo enters the closet as I was zipping my last bag, he notice my things were already packed for LA, he turns towards the closets, ignoring me.

I watch Ayo pull out clothes from the closet, I sigh and sat on the floor watching him. "Where are you going to?"

Ayo roll his eyes. "God Aaliyah I didn't come home to argue again."

I wince and bit her lips, he's already tagged her Mohammed Ali always ready to battle. She play with my wedding ring and sigh. "I decided to stop trying"

Ayo stop rummaging the closet to face me, "Huh?"

"I figured the issues of having a child was eating too much at me I took out all my frustration on you."

"Oh"

I look at him tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry Ayo. I'm sorry I accused you of cheating and I'm sorry for all the things I said to you, I wasn't thinking right. I don't want to loose you please forgive me i can't loose you" With that I burst into tears I'd kept for weeks now.

Ayo kneels beside me, he wraps his arms around me pulling me close. I held unto my husband and cried my eyes out. Ayo patiently let me cry rubbing circles on my back.

"I can't loose you Ayo, I love you too much. I want to save our marriage please" I cried truthfully.

"You're not loosing me Aaliyah. It took me years to find you do you think I'll let you go?"

I sniffs, "But you said..."

"I was just angry wifey, I didn't mean what I said. I'm not going anywhere we're bound forever" he raise my face up, he clean the tears running down my face.

"God! I'm a selfish person!"

Ayo gave me a small smile, "We're all selfish when it comes to what we love wifey, I'm also sorry for not giving you enough attention I really am"

"No don't I'm sorry for asking too much, I know how busy you are, I just...." I knew he was very busy with the album reaching number one on World digital album the first in history of Africa, I knew the crazy demands it took on him but my sensitive self refused to see it.  "I should understand as your wife but instead I gave you more worries, I'm really sorry Ayo."

Ayo smile and kiss her forehead. "There's no excuse for me ignoring you wifey so I'm also sorry."

"Can we start afresh? Can we go back to how we were before?"

Ayo raise a brow, "How were we before?"

I bit my lips, "Ya know. In love?"

Ayo chuckle, "My love for you never changed Aaliyah, it will always be there."

"Oh Ayo!" I threw her arms around him hugging him tight, Ayo hugs his wife back, I was happy that things were back to normal.