9 - Aaliyah

On phone

Steph - Girl I miss you! How's LA?
Me - great, I mean it's more than I can ask for you know?
Steph - girl you deserve all the good things in the world okay?
Me - yeah, how's Burna?
Steph - oh he's great, we were at Ayo studio few days ago.
Me - yeah he told me
Steph - girl you must be bursting with pride! I mean Ayo is doing fucking well
Me - oh I am. Do you know how many people congratulated me on the album? You'd think I was Wizkid not his wife!
Steph - (laugh) well you're Wizkid's wife people are bound to thank you
Me - true
Steph - so what's up? How are you?
Me - I'm good Steph. Oh I decided to stop trying for a baby
Steph - (quiet) why?
Me - it was causing too much trouble between Ayo and I, you know I started having trust issues and it was driving a wedge between us
Steph - oh baby i understand
Me - and besides there's no time, with this new deal on my hand I don't know if I can handle a baby now
Steph - true, well what did Ayo say about it?
Me - he asked me to do whatever as long as I'm happy
Steph - and are you happy?
Me - I don't no, I guess. I was really looking forward to having a baby you know?
Steph - I know. Don't worry bestie everything will be fine, you will be fine okay?
Me - yeah thanks Steph
Steph - yeah. Are you coming back for the documentary and after party?
Me - dunno but I hope so
Steph - okay, I have to get back to the studio. Call you later?
Me - alright bestie love you bye
Steph - love you bye

I hung up as Virgil enters the office. I stood up to greet him. We hug.

"Hello, how are you?"

"I'm good, sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got the pictures from your campaign and I must say you were amazing" he smiles at me.

I roll my eyes, "Oh please Virgil." He always said the same after every photoshoot.

"So since the campaign was done way faster than we expected, you are free to go home"

"When will it be announced."

"On the 27th, I think thats the same time for Wizkid documentary right?"

Aaliyah smile, "Yes and I was hoping to surprise him by showing up unannounced" I told Virgil. Virgil was part of those who convinced me to marry Ayo.

Virgil nods. "Oh you better because I already subscribed and I'm waiting for it to air"

"Really?"

"Ofcourse I'm a huge Wizkid fan, I must say this album is going to be more greater than it is now" Virgil praised.

I smile and nod. "Thank you Virgil, it means a lot to me."

Virgil nods, "so I'll send you the remaining details, you can stay in LA as long as you want or leave if you wish. Once again welcome to the family." He stood up, I do the same, I hugs the man then left the office.

_

🌹27th November🌹

''American model Aaliyah named as the new global house ambassador of fashion powerhouse LVMH Family.'

'Wife of Afrobeat veteran Aaliyah becomes the first black global house ambassador for LVMH Family'

'American model Aaliyah becomes the first black woman to become the global house ambassador of LVMH Family thereby making her the richest black model in the world'