Chapter 25: Nathan

Start from the beginning

"Shit, the son of a bitch broke your goddamn tooth," he snapped. "You better get that taken care of before it abscesses. C'mere."

"Woah," I shout, slapping his hand away from my mouth.

"You gotta pull it out, idiot," he muttered.

I roll my eyes and thrust my books into his arms. I reach into my mouth, hissing in pain as I gripped the tooth and yanked. "Fuck!" Shit, the nerves still haven't died yet.

The boy raised a brow, watching as I spit out the tooth and the nerves and blood.

"Tough girl," he chuckles. "You okay?"

I nod, gathering my books in my arms.

"I'm Nathan Harris."

"Katie."

He nods, "C'mon, I'll take you home."

Skeptically, I follow him.

I loved that day. Nathan is very important to me. Don't know what I'd do without him, to be honest.

"Mommy!"

I sigh, looking at the little girl at my feet. "Yes, Nevaeh baby?"

"Can we makes cuckies?"

I can't help but giggle. Cuckies. "Yes, we can make cookies, baby. Do you wanna help Mommy make them?"

She nodded, giving me a childish smile. Two of her front teeth missing.

Nathan smirked, watching me. "Oi, hoe. Do you want cookies or not?" I question, smirking back at him. He tilted his head, pursing his lips. His chin wrinkling up in the process. He gave a brief nod.

"Eh, more or less."

"Then help me make them."

He rolled his eyes, smiling. "I have no idea why I'm here with you, when instead I could be fucking that Brittany chick from that party on 11th street."

I give him a look of surprise. "Oh, really. We've only been broken up for three days and you're already getting some ass. ATTA BOY!"

He let out a barky laugh. He hopped off of the countertop to come stand beside me. "You're something else, Walker. You know that?"  His hip purposely bumped into mine.

"Well, I'm a giant virgin and one of us should be getting laid because I know I wont any time soon," I sigh. I crack the eggs, feeling the crumble of them between my fingers. Listening to him laugh his ass off. "Stir this," I order. He simply nodded, the amused smile still on his lips, as he whisked the mixture. I grab the brown sugar from the fridge, grab a measuring cup, and I start pouring.

"Hey, Kat," Nathan spoke cheekily.

"Mhm?"

"When's your dad get home?"

"In three or four hours, why?"

"Because I just heard a car pull up."

"SHIT!" I screech, running around, trying to pick up his things. "Go," I breathe, shoving the things in his arms, "wait in my room with the door shut!"

He nodded, just as the living room door opened, and he disappeared around the door frame, treading up the staircase. I try to act cool, making it look as if I were making cookies.

Wait... I am making cookies. Goddamnit, Katie. Pull your shit together.

"Katie," I hear Melanie call.

"Shit," I breathe. I let out a deep breath. "You scared the shit out of me." I give her a look of death.

"Because everytime you think someone's breaking into your house, you start baking?"

"Shut up!" I laugh. "Nathan's here, I thought you were Daddy."

"Oh," she spoke before chuckling.

"Nathan! Come back down, it's clear!" Heavy footsteps made there way back down the stairs after a moment. He poked his head around the corner. I saw that he had sucked his lip ring into his mouth.

"Oh, its you," he mutters, rolling his eyes. "When did you get a car?"

"Ah, the questions. Tell me, how did you pay for your mustang?" she chuckles, causing him to tighten his jaw. "Exactly. Don't ask questions when you can't answer a few yourself, cutie." She gave a wink. I let out a laugh, chuckling.

"How did you pay for that car, Nathan?" I question, smirking at him.

"My mom's boyfriend gave me a couple dozen K for dealing for him. Not like I had a choice anyway."

"You sold drugs before?" I spoke, cocking a brow. Whisking as I looked at him.

"He told me he'd kick me out if I didn't get my ass out there. Fuck that douchebag anyway. Piece of shit. I'm glad I got the fuck out of that methbox," Nathan muttered, jumping back up on the countertop. "I have my own place, and I will be out of my goddamn mind if anyone brings drugs up into my house. I mean, what's the appeal anyway?"

"I dunno. I think it's pretty fucked up, too," I answer. "Hand me the chocolate chips." He reached beside him, picked up the 6oz. bag. He handed it to me.

"Your mom used to make the best fucking cookies, I swear," Melanie chirped, laughing. I smile, staring into the bowl.

"Don't I remember," I whisper. "It was the only thing she knew how to cook besides cake icing and microwave burritos."

"Oh, babe. Bring it in." Melanie lifted her arms, holding the large appendages out to me. I shake my head, continuing to mix.

"I'm fine," I spoke, half heartedly.

"Alright, fine. I don't need you. I got other side bitches anyway," she jokes causing Nathan to smirk at us.

"Pssh. I ain't nobody's side bitch." I  smile at my improper grammar.

Nathan chuckled at us and shook his head.

I smile, in thought. I stir the mix with the help of my trusty assistant. I kiss her on the forehead, smiling back at that toothy smile.