Soon, back in the Pride Ring with Millie dropped off. Blitz commented about just letting this whole week go by first. Then can go back to the office next week. So, keep the book guarded. She was fine with that and to call if he needed anything. Watch him drive off till it was just her back at the two-story apartment building with the ugly billboard sign.

During the past few days, she was either working out, sharpening her tools or seeing if the apartment needed fixing up. Just to do anything to let her anger out. A few times she wanted to go to the bottom floor to knock the door down. See if Striker left any clue. Or destroy the place. Only reason gone that far for Moxxie sake. She went out to brothels a few times which had too many fights. Hey, better punching some teeth out than destroying furniture. Sleeping became an issue. Just couldn't rest like she wanted to or nightmares. Nightmares about the fighting if it turns out differently. Which resulted in her keeping herself up a lot. Then would be on her phone for any messages from Moxxie, texting her sister, and a few others. After that there would be lots of thinking. Well, face slaps not picking up Moxxie, Striker was a thing!

Really, made sure to hide it.

It did hurt a bit that she wasn't told. Like she can understand on Moxxie side why they didn't want to tell anyone yet. So, many issues and self-doubts about themselves. Would talk down till it was very negative to the point Millie, even Sallie, had to asked them stop in their teens. Pretty serious. But Striker? All the times she slightly teased Striker to asked Moxxie and he would shoot back. Then the pair just talk like friends. She really did see Striker as an employee first and in a way a friend. Just looking watching his personality and behavior in general seem like the type to have talked about being in a current relationship. At the end seem to respect Moxxie choice to keep their relationship off the radar till the pair were ready.

What a terrible way to find out.

What a terrible last few days it has been. Sure, things eventually will go back to the routine. Just so many things will be different. Could things ever go back to the way? Like before Striker joined the group. Blitz would probably go along the day to go back to business. Loona back at her desk. Millie sharpening her weapons. Moxxxie...Moxxie wouldn't be the same.

That look in their eyes.

How the fuck can they go back to normal and expect Moxxie to just follow along. She can't see it happening. Unless they keep to themselves. Even then she really worried they could snap. Or just leave. Just can't handle it from either Blitz say the wrong thing like the hospital, or if Loona be smart ass, or if news gets the point to reveal who the "Outlaw' was to try to assassinate Stolas.

Millie will be angry and hurt. That is not going away. IMP can feel hurt even if Striker was telling the truth keeping their work away to not affect the business. Stolas has the right to kill Striker if they wanted too or make sure to be locked up. A Goetia can do that. But didn't have the right to be at the same level what Moxxie could be feeling. She wishes they were here now. She misses them. She misses her friend. They won't talk on the phone but slow texting. It wasn't the same. She felt like garbage.

Wait. Garbage? She needs to take the trash out now.

Groan as she got off the couch to go the kitchen. Get the bag out the trash can. Goes to carry it out over her shoulder as she leaves the apartment. She made it to the stairs but the stop. Heard the door down below open. Eyes narrowed as her tail went behind her back pocket to pull out a blade. Took a few steps down quietly until she stopped at the sight.

It was Moxxie.

Moxxie blink up at her, their tail about the close the door behind. In their arms was a potted plant with pretty gold flowers. A different bag over their shoulder. In the same scarf, jacket with the layer's underneath, wrapping around their tail, and glasses. Half their face to hide their freckle, and tear mark. Can see those mixed match eyes were tired yet a small relief when they look at her red pupils.