54. talc

i mean really what should we do

"Isn't the plan obvious?" Eren shrugged, "just go into the woods- I'm sure you'll find her."

"Just like that? I mean it's a really big place-" I protested.

listen im all for going with the flow but

it seems like we're just rushing into things

ISN'T THERE A BETTER WAY??

"Levi you'll talk some sense into him won't you?"

"He has a point," Levi rolled his eyes. "We don't know where she lives- only that your father was able to get there in a day or two- might as well explore."

"RANDOMLY?"

"Is there a better option?"

THERE MUST BE IM JUST NOT SMART ENOUGH TO THINK OF ONE RIGHT NOW

"I can't believe you're seriously suggesting this- it's dangerous."

"Good, maybe our witch will come and rescue us."

she probably won't

"I imagine she despises my family, I don't think she'll come help us 'just because.'"

i feel insane

"Clearly she liked you enough to bring you back to life."

"Well we don't know that," I muttered, "maybe she had a crush on my father and saved me out of love."

"Highly unlikely."

"But not the weirdest thing I've said."

"Low fucking bar."

"Can you two stop flirting and come up with a plan?" Eren cut in, impatient.

"It wasn't flirting."

"Fuck off brat."

"I was just trying to help," he sighed loudly.

"Thank you," I muttered, racking my brain for a better option. "I mean-"

"You mean?"

"He knows where she lives."

"Your father?"

"My father."

i still don't feel good about that

"But who knows if he even remembers- I mean- he hasn't been healthy since I was a child- I'm sure he's forgotten."

"It's worth a shot," Levi suggested, his tone cautious. "I thought you-"

yeah

"I'm not sure we're in the position to choose right now," I shook my head, "we don't have options."

"You have the knights- send them into the woods to search for her." Levi shook his head, "if you don't want to do it you have options, I'm sure of it."

do we?

"We shouldn't use them for something like that- it's dangerous and stupid."

i don't want to involve more people than we have to

"Well-" Eren trailed off. "Mikasa won't be super willing to let the guard wander into the woods with no direction."

so the choice is made for us

"That settles it then," I turned to Levi, "you'll have to go speak with my father tomorrow."

"Are you sure?"