38. malachite

WHAT THE FUCK DO WE DO

I looked up at Levi who had whirled around to face me, his features clouded by an expression I could only describe as a mix between horror and 'i-told-you-so.'

IT WASN'T MY FAULT

IT WAS YOURS

TYPICAL MAN

"Is there someone there?" The second voice, probably Farlan, called out from the otherside of the wall.

"I certainly hope not," Kuchel chuckled, her voice getting closer.

they're going to open that door

fuck-

what should we do?

I frowned at Levi- gesturing for him to do something.

USELESS!!

"One minute Farlan," from the other side of the wall I could hear a sound like a painting being moved, followed by a sudden influx of light.

fuck

we only have a few more seconds-

should i run?

I looked back at Levi- his previous horror now completely replaced by what looked like pure loathing.

directed at me

it's not necessarily an unfamiliar sight-

but now isn't the time

"This is so fucking stupid-" I whispered under my breath, reaching for the necklace I had stowed in my pocket, "thank me later."

"What the fuck are you doing-" he whispered back, glancing between me and the rapidly moving painting.

saving your ass

"Disappear," I murmured, forcing the two of us against the wall as I clasped the necklace around the both of us.

i hope to god this works on more than one person

don't think too much about the logistics of putting a necklace around TWO heads

this reads like extremely shitty fanfic-

"Did you hear something?" Kuchel peered through the door frame, staring right through us.

THANK GOD

"I thought so-" Farlan joined her, "Levi wouldn't come through here during the day, he isn't stupid."

WOW FARLAN

I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS

"I could've sworn I heard talking," Kuchel frowned, continuing to stare in our direction.

my heart is beating so loud

I tore my gaze away from Kuchel, the sound and feeling of an invisible Levi's breathing on my neck an equally unbearable experience.

i should've been the bad guy and let him get found out

why am i so nice?

i'm way too nice

"Perhaps we heard Levi and Y/N talking from his office," Farlan suggested.

FARLAN REDEMPTION ARC

GET HER TO WALK AWAY

NOW, PREFERABLY

"They have been spending a lot of time there recently," Kuchel hummed, a fond smile lighting up her face.