82. shortite

Curtains fell closed behind us as we stepped out onto the balcony, the cold breeze prickled across my skin.

where were we-

"They won't leave us alone out here for long," I glanced back at Levi who was busy double checking for eavesdroppers.

but i'm not sure we'll ever have this conversation if we don't have it now

"This conversation shouldn't be rushed."

hmm

"Then-"

"But I don't think there's a better time-" he paused, looking out over the balcony, "or place- to have it."

well actually-

i can think of several places better than the balcony i died (for the second time) at

but it is extremely poetic

"It's a bit awkward-" I hesitated, "I mean I already basically asked you, I don't know why I suddenly feel so uncomfortable."

the fact that we even moved out here makes me anxious

"Did someone say something to you?"

sorta-

"You walked in on the tail end of it," I muttered, "Floch was actually helping me out of a difficult situation before he asked me to dance."

although i'm certain he did it with some kind of agenda in mind

"He was?"

"Yeah," I stared out over the gardens, avoiding Levi's gaze. "I told you, didn't I? Your fans are rabid-"

and they have a point

"Whatever they said to you couldn't have been worth listening to," he moved to my side, his hand hovering next to mine, "don't listen to that bullshit."

you're right-

"It's not just them-"

historia and ymir basically echoed the same sentiments- albeit way nicer

"Who?"

"It doesn't matter- there is some truth to what they're saying."

obviously your fans and my close friends have very different motives but-

"Are you serious about this?" I implored, "I'm not sure how I should look at our relationship."

it seems like the whole world is trying to tell me that all of this is temporary

"I mean think about it- we're both the only heirs to our respective families- even if the Prince or some other member of the royal family approve of our marriage I think that our individual goals are in direct conflict-"

i want to support levi in learning about the forest but-

im worried

magic is dangerous- if the past couple months have shown us anything

"Does that really matter to you?"

oh

"I didn't expect to hear you telling me that-" I chuckled, "you're supposed to be the realist in this relationship not me."

"They aren't part of our relationship-" Levi scoffed, "if you're worried over the shit other people are saying, you shouldn't be."

well-