42. bloodstone

"Can they just fucking talk?" Levi grumbled, setting the book down and sighing for the nth time.

"Oh? Where are you now?"

"It's their thousandth miscommunication-" he frowned, "I don't understand why she doesn't just fucking ask him about it if she thinks he's cheating."

AGREE

"The payoff is good though- just wait," I urged him. "The ending is good."

"It'd better be- they both look idiotic right now."

"You have to admit that the Duke is super charming," I grinned, "it makes it all worth it."

"He's a bit of a dumbass," Levi shrugged, "his personal guard, the second male lead, is much more interesting."

poor levi

"Second male lead syndrome is horrible- please forget about him entirely."

"I just don't understand why the Duke and the female lead are even together- Leticia deserves better."

EVEN SO-

"THE DUKE IS GREAT!"

"NO THE FUCK HE ISN'T-"

"YOU'RE JUST BIASED- REMEMBER THAT LETICIA IS AN UNRELIABLE NARRATOR- AND SHE DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE ISN'T THE ONE BEHIND THE DEATH OF HER BROTHER YET."

"SPOILERS-"

"FUCK."

"You've ruined it-" he stared at me in horror.

IM SO SORRY

"What can I do to fix this?" I grabbed his hands, "I'll do anything-"

"Anything?" Levi raised an eyebrow.

well-

"If it's stupid I won't do it."

"Boring."

"Reasonable-" I shook my head at him, "I don't trust you to say something normal."

he's going to make a totally unreasonable request that publicly humiliates me-

"I would."

"You understand that you look insane right now right? No way I'm going to believe you."

for starters i think i trust you EVEN less when you're in my body

i think it's bc im a chronic liar

this feels like something i need to talk to a therapist abt

i associate my own face with lying...

that's kinda funny

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, setting the book down, his gaze turning toward the window.

we're getting close

"Hey Levi-" I hesitated, thinking about what I should tell him. "When we get there- it might be difficult for you."

he struggled enough in the capital-

"Don't worry about me."

"Well I do and-" I followed his gaze out of the window, "I want to help is what I'm saying."

i hope it's ok-

"I-"

"Just let me talk for a second," I cut him off. "It isn't going to be like your home- I mean- my father is dying Levi."

i think i've been avoiding saying that part out loud

"So- they'll probably be a little easier on you than when we were in the capital- when we switched bodies they were in the middle of preparing me for everything- back home-" I trailed off. "Back home it's mostly the knights and a few of my father's close attendants."