"Come in." I grumbled and Chasity peeked her head in the door before entering.

"Hey baby!" she said, coming over to the desk.

"What do you want, Chasity?" I asked her as she sat in my lap.

"I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner tonight. I'll come over to your place and cook."

"I'm working."

"Okay, well, then I'll just come over after work, and we can just fool around..."

"I don't think so... I might not get back until later, and I should focus on this paperwork. Do you mind leaving?"

She frowned.

"I guess. Are you sure about tonight?"

"I would've said otherwise if I wasn't." I snapped.

"Okay. Well, I'm going to do inventory. Would you like anything before I leave?"

"No."

"Okay." she says, before getting off my lap and heading to the door.

As the door closed, my phone buzzed on my desk and I picked it up, seeing it was a response from a previous conversation.

Jazmin: (Okay, I'll order in. Should we do Chinese or Italian?)

Fernando: (You pick.)

I smirked at the message before powering off my phone, stuffing it in my pocket, and getting back to work.

I was at a Lenox Country Club, meeting with my mother for lunch, but first she was to directing a debutant meeting so I was headed towards the room where she was supposed to be in, when I suddenly I spotted a young woman pacing the floor outside t...

I was at a Lenox Country Club, meeting with my mother for lunch, but first she was to directing a debutant meeting so I was headed towards the room where she was supposed to be in, when I suddenly I spotted a young woman pacing the floor outside the door.

"Excuse me." I spoke, and the girl jumped, startled by the sudden sound of my voice.

"I'm sorry. Are you heading in?" she asked shyly.

"I am, are you?" I smiled.

"I-I will. Eventually."

"Well, what's keeping you out here?" I ask.

"Nerves." she disclosed, putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What's your name?"

"Madison Doherty. But my friends call me Maddie."

"Well, Madison, there's nothing to be nervous about."

"I know I'm just not used to doing stuff like this. My parents forced me to." She confessed, and I smiled because I was in her place once.

"My parents did too." I informed her.

"You used to be a Deb...b-but you're so beautiful."

"Thank you... Actually, you see the lady in there welcoming all the girls. That's my mom." I told her and her mouth widened.