38

—Rin's POV—
"Maimai! Asta! Please listen to me, don't be the monsters everyone made you out to be!" I shouted, but they weren't listening. I looked at my other brother, "Trist...what do we do? I...I don't want to fight my brothers but I don't want them to be consumed with rage either!" Tristan looked conflicted, he'd harbored hatred for Astaroth for the first 4 years of his life until he realized his father didn't leave his mother for a one night stand. Mom was the love of Dad's life and once he learned that his hatred of Asta disappeared and was eventually replaced with brotherly love despite living in separate realms. But that didn't change the prediction of he and Amaimon being the Calamitous Offspring. He sighed heavily as he watched my brothers causing more and more destruction with every second, "We have to stop them, by any means necessary. Protect them from the Chaos Knights but stop them from hurting innocents." I nodded and frowned as I watched Asta making another large ball of darkness and Amaimon started to get in the stance for Ominous Nebula. "I'll take Maimai, you get Asta!" I exclaimed then flew as fast as I could to Amaimon, I had trained against him using Ominous Nebula hundreds of times. Tristan had not. "Maimai! Don't use that, please! Mom, Dad, and Uncle Zel wouldn't want this!" I exclaimed as I peered into his two toned eyes.

Even using his magic, one eye was black with a red goddess symbol, the other red with an even brighter red goddess symbol. Asta's was the same but the rest of us had black like our Dads', minus Azy who had red like Mom's, when using our magic. "They're not here right now, little brother. I don't really think it matters anymore. All of these people see us as monsters despite our actions. We're damned if we do, damned if we don't. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll be better off," Amaimon's voice was nearly emotionless, it made me shudder. "That's not what our parents have taught us though! They taught us to be kind and teach others who may be ignorant, most of these people don't know better or have been fed a false narrative! If you do this, you'll be proving Arthur right in their eyes!!" I exclaimed, my voice growing angrier with each statement from frustration. Asta also had our Dad's temper but mine rivaled Dad's and it was getting harder to control the longer I argued with Maimai. "Fuck off, Rin. I don't care anymore," Amaimon growled, "Ominous Nebula!" Darkness swirled around Maimai as everyone around him started to be pulled in, the only one quicker at the sword than him were Uncle Zel and Azriel and they weren't here right now so I had to do my best.

A thought popped into my head but I wasn't sure it'd work, my sisters and I weren't vampires so it seemed we didn't inherit goddess magic from Mom. But I'd never tried and light magic could counteract the darkness around Amaimon. I didn't have much time, I couldn't hold on any longer and he'd already thrown several people away from him. I took a deep breath and tried to think of what made me happy while I also visualized the light magic, that's how Azy taught Lenny. I felt a burst of warmth throughout my core that quickly turned ice cold, the blood red goddess symbols suddenly appeared in the black of my eyes as I threw out red light energy like a whip to clash with Maimai's darkness. There was an explosion that disrupted Amaimon's Ominous Nebula enough that I was able to tackle him before he started up again. He glared at me as I straddled him and was about to speak when I punched him hard in the face. "Stop! This isn't the brother I look up to!" I shouted helplessly only to be punched in the face and knocked off of his body. Amaimon stood up so fast I didn't have time to react as he put his foot on my chest to shove me back down, "Stay out of the way, little brother, or you might get hurt." With that, he spread his black and red feathered wings and took off.

Tears stung my eyes, what was I supposed to do? It was like someone possessed my brothers as I watched in horror as Astaroth slammed down onto Tristan, the latter coughed up blood. Astaroth had a sickening grin on his face, his fierce eyes met mine, then he flew off in the same direction as Amaimon. I rushed over to Tristan as he started to heal himself, "Are you okay?!" I exclaimed, I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. Once Tristan finished healing himself, he yanked me into a hug and stroked my hair, "I'm sorry Rin. I shouldn't have left you alone to deal with Amaimon. I should've helped you...I forget sometimes that you're still a child," his voice was soft and comforting like Mom's when I needed her. I couldn't hold it in any longer and sobbed into my brother's chest. Mom, Dad, and Uncle Zel had disappeared and two of my siblings I looked up to so much had seemingly turned evil. Tristan pulled away from the hug and looked at me, he stroked my hair some more and smiled, "When did you unlock your goddess powers, Rinny?"