2

"Well if Merlin was watching, and if I know her she most certainly was, that will have definitely gotten Arthur's attention," I pointed out. That was the only group following us so we were a little more laidback after. Amaimon and Astaroth were enamored by the sights around them like when we'd brought them here the first time as small children. We were still cautious enough that if we needed to we could defend ourselves quickly but it was nice to see the blue sky and green grass of Britannia again. Azriel and I were walking side by side while Amaimon and Astaroth walked on either side of Meliodas, chatting away with him. "There's a small group of humans to the east of Liones that have expressed interest in joining us," Azriel mentioned, "Roughly 10 or so. It's not much but it's a start." I nodded, "Vampires have much greater physical attributes than humans, we won't need to match them completely on numbers. Plus Liones and the fairies and giants are our allies."

"We'll take you to Liones first, then we can head to the village on our way back," I told him. "Mom, you can go ahead without-" he started to say but I interrupted him, "Hell no. You may be 29 but you're still my baby, I'm not leaving you by yourself when it's this dangerous right now! If you were in my shoes and it was Lenora, would you let her go alone? No, you wouldn't." He smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders to pull me into a side hug, "Sorry Momma, I guess I didn't think about it like that," he admitted sheepishly. I smiled back, "It's hard to think about yourself in that way until you think about your own baby being in your shoes at that moment. Then you get how we feel." We walked for awhile but decided to fly the rest of the way so we could get there quicker. It was also less likely we'd be confronted again.

We landed just outside Liones, it hadn't changed much in the last few years when we brought the youngest boys when they were 10 and 11. "As always stay close. Even in Liones there are a lot of people that don't like non-humans," I told them. They grinned and nodded, they were just excited to be there. "Ali! Meliodas!" we heard a familiar voice call out to us. It was Gil, he was walking with a young man between Asta's and Azriel's ages that looked a lot like him but with purple hair. We waved at him as he approached us, "Little Gil! What's up?" Meliodas greeted, watching the man beside him. "It's been a long time. I don't think I've seen you since these two were small boys," Gil smiled, looking at Amaimon and Astaroth. It'd been so long since Meliodas had stepped down as King that most people were over it. "Hi, Gil. This is Amaimon and Astaroth and I'm sure you remember my eldest Azriel," I greeted him, smiling. He looked at Azriel, who was the spitting image of Zeldris, "If I didn't know your father had green eyes I'd think you were him," Gil joked, making Azriel smile.

"I don't know if you can believe it but I have a grandbaby now! Azriel and Iseldis welcomed a baby girl about a month and a half ago. By the way, I'm assuming this young man is your baby?" I exclaimed, then looked at the younger man next to him. "Oh yes, excuse me, this is my son Allan. He's between Amaimon's and Azriel's age if I recall correctly. Did you say grandbaby?! Congrats, Ali!" Gil hugged me, making Amaimon and Astaroth tense and defensive. He shook Azriel's hand, "Congrats! I hope she brings you as much joy as you did your mother." Allan was looking at us in disbelief, Meliodas and I looked like kids ourselves, "Father, you must be joking. There's no way this woman is old enough to be the mother of these men let alone a grandmother. And this is the Meliodas you spoke of, Tristan's father? I don't believe it!" All of us were giggling, "We're not human, if that helps. Our Dad is the Demon King and Mom here is a dhampir, a vampire goddess. Well, technically Asta's Dad is Uncle Meliodas, he's a demon too, but they're both our Dads to us," Amaimon answered proudly. Allan was in disbelief, apparently our identities had been kept secret. "Father...I knew the Queen and Prince were part goddess but...demons and vampires?!" his voice was more excited than anything, making my two youngest excited again.

Demons didn't really come to Britannia anymore and the only vampires were my family, so I guess it'd be exciting if you weren't a discriminative asshole. The boys showed off their fangs to Allan who was in awe as we chatted with Gil some more. "What brings you to Britannia after so long?" he asked, watching his son with mine. "I'm here to speak with the Queen about some matters that will inevitably effect both of our kingdoms," Azriel explained, looking towards the castle with some anxiety in his eyes. "Why didn't Zeldris come himself?" he asked. "I'm his representative when he can't. I'm the heir so it gives me practice for whenever he does decide to step down," Azriel responded, "We should get going Mom, Uncle Mel. It's urgent." I nodded, "Maimai, Asta. Let's go, Allan and Gil have things to do I'm sure." Gil and I hugged again and the rest said their goodbyes. "Allan's interested, Momma," Amaimon mentioned quietly once they were out of hearing range. Meliodas hummed, "I don't know if I want to do that to little Gil..." Azriel looked back at his uncle, "He's an adult, Uncle Mel. He can make his own decisions." I kept silent, Meliodas was always close with Gil and I didn't want to upset him on that front. Meliodas sighed heavily, "I suppose if he talks to Gil about it, I wouldn't be as opposed. I just don't want Allan to run off without Gil and Margaret knowing."