17

I giggled when Zel smacked my ass as I walked away, he had more business to attend to so I went to join Meliodas in our room again. He was half sitting, half laying on the bed with a baby in each arm, snoring lightly. I squealed internally at how cute the three of them looked together, reminding me of the days I'd find his brother with his twins in a similar situation. My heart was exploding with happiness as I memorized the sight before me before moving Mira and Rin back to their crib and joining my blonde lover in bed. I gently pulled him so he was laying down completely and rested my head on his chest, listening to his hearts beat.

—Amaimon's POV—
"Amai?" I heard Yami's voice at my door, making me grin. "Come in!" I called out to her, grinning harder as I saw her walk in. She sat on the bed across from me, her purple eyes sparkled. "Happy belated birthday, Amai," she wished me quietly, shocking me. I forgot my own birthday, we were in Liones. We all forgot given the circumstances, I was now 18 and Astaroth 17. Yami had turned 18 a month ago. "Thanks, Yami. I totally forgot with everything that's been going on," I admitted. She smiled softly then started looking nervous. I grabbed her hand, both of us blushed lightly, "What's wrong, Yami?" I asked quietly. "Umm....I....I decided I want to..." she was stuttering with how nervous she was, "I want to be a vampire!" I was a little surprised, she'd talked about going home one day and missing the sun in Britannia. "Yami...you know what that means if you do..." I reminded her softly.

She scooted closer to me, making my cheeks burn more, "I know Amai but...things have changed...I want to stay here...I want to be with you..." She looked away in embarrassment as she said this. I gently grabbed her chin and made her look at me. I kissed her lips gently and smiled, "Are you absolutely sure? There's no going back, Yami," I asked quietly. My hearts were pounding, I wanted her to stay with me more than anything but I didn't want to force her into becoming a vampire. She nodded, "I'm 100% sure, Amai..." I grinned, "When?" She moved even closer, I could feel the heat of her body radiating off her and smell the blood rushing through her veins. I never talked about that with Dad or Niya, but Azy, Asta, and Mom could all smell non-vampire's blood in someone's body if they were close enough. Yami's lips grazed my ear, making me shudder, "Now?" she whispered.

My breath hitched in my throat from her breath in my ear and I grabbed onto her waist. I kissed her again, laying her back on my bed gently. I hovered over her, my two toned eyes admiring her purple ones before they became permanently scarlet red. "Ready?" I whispered to which she nodded. "I'm scared, but I know you'll take care of me," she admitted. I smiled softly then moved my mouth to her neck. I kissed her skin gently, memorizing the warmth against my lips, then sunk my fangs into her flesh. Her blood rushed into my mouth, it tasted better than all the other human's blood I'd had. This must've been what Mom meant when she said it tastes better when you love them. She inhaled sharply, whimpering a little as I kept my fangs in her neck for a few seconds before releasing her. She had tears rolling down her cheeks that I wiped away with my thumbs and I gazed into her eyes while stroking her hair.

She was in pain like all the others as the vampiric magic made its way through her blood. "I'm here, Yami. It's okay, it'll be over soon," I whispered, trying to comfort her. She nodded and gasped, I was thankful I was born a vampire in this moment. They all looked like they were in agony as the transformation started. Her eyelids started to get heavy, "It's almost over, sweetie. I'll be right here when you wake up," I reassured her, kissing her forehead before her heart stopped completely. Her eyes closed and I felt her skin rapidly cooling down. She didn't feel cold to me necessarily but was no longer warmer than I was. I watched and waited, it usually took a few minutes for them to wake back up. After those minutes passed, her chest started to rise and fall again and moments later she opened her now bright red eyes. She grinned and I couldn't help but blurt out, "Fuck you look so cute with fangs!"