27

—Astaroth's POV—
I waited until Mom, Dad, and Uncle Zel went to bed to go wake Amaimon up. With my new power, I was curious about something and wanted to see if it was possible. I knocked on his and Yami's door quietly after sneaking out of mine and Erza's. Since I only had godly ki anymore, only our parents, Amaimon, and Rin could detect me. I heard shuffling then his two toned eyes sleepily glared at me through the crack in his door. I giggled quietly, he was just like Uncle Zel waking up. He slipped through the door and shoved me, "What the fuck do you want, Asta? It's the middle of the night," he grumbled, making me giggle again. He rolled his eyes at me, "You're such a pain in the ass." "Okay, Uncle Zel," I grinned, my hands behind my head. He glared at me again, "Says the man standing and giggling like Uncle Mel." I gave him a blank face, he wasn't wrong, but my mind was elsewhere, "Let's see if we can go back in time." His face lit up, a mischievous look in his eyes. He may have acted like Uncle Zel a lot of the time but he had Mom's mischievousness through and through.

He pushed me further down the hallway, away from his room. "How far back?" he asked giddily. "I wanna see what Mom, Dad, and Uncle Zel were like before Dad abandoned the demon realm," I grinned. His eyes widened, "Asta...that's over 3000 years ago...do you really think you can do that?" I grinned even wider, "Why the hell not? I'm a god now after all. Seems manageable." He rolled his eyes but grinned again, "Alright, I'm in. But how? Where do we go?" I sighed and thought about it, "Let's go to one of the towers that isn't used. They won't find us there then I can send us back." Once we got to the top we sat down. "I'm not really sure how this works, so here," I held my hand out to my older brother who took it immediately. "Hold on tight? I guess?" I giggled then used all my focus on my new magic and tried my best to direct us back that far. Suddenly the tower changed around us, not by a lot but items changed and the environment had a grey haze. "I think it worked, let's head downstairs to where the training room is. Dad said he and Uncle Mel trained Mom daily when she came here," my brother suggested. "Hopefully they can't see us, but let's be careful just in case," I replied, grinning.

We were hardly careful, too excited to see if it had worked. We didn't see them so we walked down the hall and stopped at a door to one of the rooms that had a large bathroom attached to it. Mom was standing slightly behind Uncle Zel, she looked scared. They were standing in front of Dad, his face was emotionless yet terrifying. The aura he gave off was murderous and sickening. "Wow...I know Mom and Dad told us Uncle Mel was a monster but...I didn't think he'd feel this horrifying," Amaimon muttered next to me. I hummed in agreement, it was difficult to believe this was my goofy Dad. "Father agreed to training her as an assassin," Dad said. Mom and Uncle Zel seemed to visibly relax, "However, he wants her to train with both of us. Individually." Dad's gaze shifted to Mom with his last word. She shuddered. "Mom's terrified of Uncle Mel...honestly it feels like Dad is too," Amaimon whispered as we watched this interaction. Uncle Zel started to protest but Dad interrupted him, "We each have skills to teach her that would be useful." Uncle Zel exhaled sharply through his nose, "Then I'll be there to watch her progress." Dad walked up and stood nose to nose with his brother, "No. You'll only be a distraction. When she trains with me, we'll be alone." Amaimon and I glanced at each other, the blood in our veins felt like ice from Dad's words and tone of voice. Dad looked at Mom standing behind his younger brother, "We start in the morning. Don't be late."

"I don't know if I want to see anymore...I don't like seeing Dad like this...or Mom being this terrified of him," I murmured. Amaimon nodded, "This is right after he and Dad brought her here...if I recall correctly, it gets worse before it gets better according to Dad..." he replied softly. Both of us were scared for our Mom. Dad really used to be vile, as much as it hurt both of us to think. Before I could do anything to take us back, the scene suddenly changed. "Okay...I guess we're not done yet," I murmured.