12

—Zeldris' POV—
"You're going now? Dad, it's the middle of the night and we haven't prep-" Azriel started but I interrupted him, "Az. Your Mom, a vampire, has a fever. That's unheard of and Tristan's healing powers aren't really doing anything." He furrowed his brows, "But what about Arthur's knights?" I looked down, not wanting to admit I was sending his teenage brothers to war, "Dad, you're not serious! They're kids!" he shouted. "Sshh, don't wake everyone up. You and your sister, take care of Mira and Rin. Amai and Asta are going to lead some of the vampires and demon army to take on Arthur's knights while Meliodas and I take your Mom to Elizabeth. I'm desperate, Az. And if something happens to me, you need to be here to run the realm." Tears welled in his eyes, "Dad...please don't say that. I'm not ready for that and Lenny needs her grandpa...and I need my Dad." My hearts wrenched and tears stung my own eyes. I pulled him into a tight hug, "I'll be back, Az. Please tell Nini for me. I love you both." I turned and left quickly, rejoining my younger sons and brother. He was holding Ali, Tristan next to him.

I put a hand on each of the boy's shoulders. "I know you're dhampirs, but please for the love of all that's unholy, be careful. Your Mom will never forgive me if anything happens to you. Hell, she might even kill Meliodas and I for sending you two even if everything goes fine. And I'll never forgive myself if something happens. I know you guys are smart. I know you're strong. I know you'll have each other's backs," I told them, then sighed heavily. "I can't believe I'm saying this but, you've heard plenty of stories of Meliodas and I being cold and ruthless when we were younger. You're like our little clones. Be cold and ruthless. Pretend you're Zeldris the Executioner and Meliodas the Destroyer. It'll keep you safer that way." I hugged each of them tightly, "I love you two more than you'll ever know. Now if you're ready, let's go." All of us had tears in our eyes, even Tristan. I was terrified. My lover was sick with some mysterious illness and I felt like I was sending my younger sons to their deaths.

We flew as fast as we could to the portal to Britannia and passed through. "Amai. Asta. I know I already said it but we love you guys. Protect each other over anything else. You're brothers. That's what you do," I told them. "We love you too," both of them recited simultaneously, Amaimon turned to the army behind us. "Arthur's in for a rude awakening. It's night. We have the upper hand. Revel in the darkness and go for the kill. No hesitation. No mercy. Execute them all. They see us as monsters, beings incapable of love and friendship and unworthy of life. Think of your loved ones as you fight. You're fighting to protect them, to protect future generations, to protect the peace our King fought for! Don't let Arthur and his knights destroy that!" Amaimon shouted, the vampires and demons they were leading cheered afterward, ready for battle. "To the vampires Maimai and I have created, Arthur and his army believe you've been damned to a cruel existence. What's more cruel? Abandoning your people for death or giving them a new chance at life? To the demons that have accepted our mother and her children, and the new vampires, we all love you. Everyone living in the demon realm is our family. We protect our own. Destroy those who threaten your family!" Astaroth shouted, more cheering. "Let's go!" they yelled in unison, flying towards where Arthur's army was.

"They really are our clones. I don't think we could've said it better ourselves. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've said some of those lines," I told Meliodas proudly. He was beaming despite the circumstances, "Arthur's army is fucked." "We should get to Liones, Mother is waiting I'm sure," Tristan pointed out. We took off towards Liones, a different direction than our sons, and flew as quickly as possible. "How's Ali doing?" I asked my brother. "Burning up. I don't see how she's this hot. I'm really worried, Zel," he replied. We were halfway to Liones when we felt the battle begin. "Please be okay, boys," Meliodas muttered. "They'll be fine, Father. They're tremendously powerful. I think you and Uncle Zel underestimate them sometimes because they're your younger sons," Tristan reassured him. When we got to Liones, we saw several Holy Knights at the gates. We landed and they approached us with caution, having felt the battle between our forces and Arthur's.