6

Dad dragged me back to where Mom was resting, she was starting to look better at least. He kissed her forehead and stroked her hair, staring at her face in adoration. I hoped one day I'd find someone to love me like that and to love them. "You're sure?" he looked at me, I grinned and nodded, "100%." He grinned back at me then returned his attention to her. "She's gonna be so annoyed," he giggled, "Az and Niya are 30 and she's gonna have a newborn again." I sat down on the chair across from him, "It'll be fun to have a little brother or sister. But I won't be Mom's baby anymore," I fake pouted. He smiled down at her, "Yeah you will. You're all still her babies, growing up doesn't change that." Mom started to stir a little, "Ali!" Dad exclaimed, startling her. "Oh, sorry," he apologized, quieter this time. "What happened?" she asked him, looking over at me confused. "Hi Momma," I greeted her softly. She looked back at Dad, "You passed out after Arthur disappeared. Asta felt the disturbance all the way in the demon realm and snuck away to help. He carried you here with me in case something else happened. You've been asleep for a little while," he explained. She nodded and closed her eyes, "Arthur is such a dick now. We were fighting for probably an hour before I could get you to wake up."

"An hour?! Momma! You need to be careful, why didn't you just put an Ark up?" I exclaimed. "I did, Asta. His chaos magic is intense and I've been quite tired lately so I couldn't hold it long," she admitted. "There's a reason for that," Dad announced, looking into her red eyes happily. She tilted her head a little in confusion, glancing at me then back to him. "You're pregnant, Mom. I felt it for a while now but I just thought you didn't want to say anything yet. I didn't realize you didn't know yourself. The baby's Dad's, not Uncle Zel's," I informed her. Her eyes widened, "Really?!" her voice was a mix of excitement and anxiety. He nodded, "Asta says he's 100% certain," he grinned down at her. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him, "Come on, Mom. Can't you do that when I'm not around?" She grinned at me, "Sorry, baby! I'm just too excited. Though it's gonna be a little strange for me to be having a baby grow up with my grandbabies," she giggled. I grinned, "Azy and Niya are gonna be surprised, that's for sure. Probably Uncle Zel too."

She smiled and looked down at her hands, "He'll be just as happy. He was upset at first with you only because of his anger with your Dad, but it quickly transformed into love and excitement. He looked at you the same way he looked at your siblings when he first held you after you were born. It'll be the same with this baby." I smiled softly, Uncle Zel had always treated me like his own son, I never felt any different than my siblings with him. "How are you feeling, Ali?" Diane asked as she and King came in the room. "Much better, thank you. I appreciate you letting us rest here," Mom replied quietly, smiling at them. "So Arthur attacked you as soon as you entered Britannia?" King asked her. She and Dad nodded, "He's become more aggressive, I would expect this to be a regular occurrence now. And I'm sure he's aware you sheltered us and that Liones, here, and the demon realm have an alliance so be vigilant should you need to travel," Dad told him. King and Diane nodded, "We appreciate the warning. Will you be going to Liones to tell Elizabeth?" King asked him.

He looked at Mom, "No, I need to take Ali home first. She shouldn't be fighting anymore." They looked at him confused, "Is she sick?" Diane asked, concern in her voice. Dad grinned at her, "Only if you count carrying my baby as being sick," he giggled, making Mom and I roll our eyes. Diane squealed, "Another little Captain?! I hope it's a girl this time!" King chuckled, "It's a good thing you live in a castle so you can house all these kids." I stood up, "We should probably head home soon. Uncle Zel is gonna be pissed I snuck outta the demon realm. I can carry Mom again." She started to protest but Dad stopped her, "Nope. Asta's gonna carry you and that's final. You already wore yourself out, there's no way you're up for flying back to the demon realm right now," he lectured her, making me giggle. "You always say I'm just like Dad, but where do you think my stubbornness comes from, Mom?" I teased, making her fake a scowl at me. "Do you want escorts?" King offered but Dad shook his head, "I think we'll be alright, I don't think he'll try to attack us again the same day."