Chapter One: City of Angels

He looks at her with adoration, she looks at him with excitement/curiosity like she sees her entire future in his eyes

Place: Los Angelos, California

It was an casual day at the office

It was an casual day at the office. Everything's normal. The employees, the clientele and all. I was in a Zoom meeting with an investor when my assistant, Kasey, entered the board of office and said, "Excuse me, may I speak with you?" I raised an eyebrow and nodded my head before telling her to give me a minute.

"Forgive me. My aide is here with some important news." I muted myself on the Zoom call and turned off my camera.

"What is it?"

"You have two clients waiting for you downstairs."

"Were they scheduled?"

She shook her head, 'No'

"They just asked to meet with you and only you." she explained and I acknowledge my head.

"Put them in my office, get them some refreshments, while I finish this up." She nodded before clutching her laptop to her chest and rushing out.

I gather myself before plastering a smile on my face and unmuted the computer.

"Ms. Biltmore...before you depart, I wanted to discuss a few matters with you."

"Okay." I said as we watched as a few of the other members exited the Zoom call before he speaks.

"Ms. Brookes has taken a liking to you. She says your professional and very meticulous about your work."

"She has a proposition for you. She wants to offer you a contract for you to work with her for a few of her upcoming events."

"Your pay will increase, and you'll receive a bonus of ten thousand dollars if you sign a contract. Does that work for you?"

I wanted to cry, 'Donna Brookes ', one of the most prestigious women in the country. If I took this deal, I would work with one of the biggest companies in the world.