"What?" The forward furrowed her eyebrows. Deep down she wasn't really surprised by my statement but she had hoped that she was wrong.

"She had tons before." I sighed out, clenching my jaw a bit, still worried for the girl.

"Why didn't she say anything?" Christen asked more to herself than me. She closed her eyes and then looked up, suppressing her tears from welling up in her eyes, the adrenaline wearing off and the tiredness catching up with her.

"Because she thinks I haven't noticed." I gently placed a hand on Chris's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

"Chris," I sighed out again, thinking about what I was gonna say next. "She hasn't had a proper night of sleep since she got here."

I could see the panic rise within Christen. She knew how bad it could get with Ellie, how isolated she could be. But most of all she blamed herself.

She blamed herself for not noticing. After Jacob she made a promise to herself to protect her at all costs and now she felt like she had failed.

"You think she's having them again?" She asked barely above whisper. When she looked at me she had tears in her eyes, impossible to suppress them any longer.

"I don't know but this was bad." I lightly shook my head, trying to rid myself from the images of Ellie so frightened on the bed.

Suddenly Chris seemed to remember something and looked very curious. There was one question that had been on her mind since Ellie woke up from her nightmare.

"How did you know how to wake her up?" She asked me curiously.

"I did some research when she started having those nightmares after the whole Jacob incident. What she experienced just now is called a false awakening. It basically means that it seems the person is awake and they think they are but they aren't. The line between reality and dreams is gone." I explained what had just happened.

Christen looked shocked. First of all she was surprised that I had done some research and second of all she had never heard of the phenomenon.

"How do you get her to wake up?" The forward asked me intrigued.

"Either you make them close their eyes or make them focus. That should be able to wake up that specific part of the brain that is responsible for dreaming." I continued my explanation to Chris. The black haired woman nodded along, listening very carefully and taking notes for if it were to happen again.

"I'm calling Jenni tomorrow to see if she has noticed anything." Chris said determinedly.

"Mmh, could work. I doubt she had shown them that side of her already though." I said not sure if it was the best course of action.

Ellie is a survivor. She rarely asks for help and always pushes through. Even if she is that close with the Barca girls, I doubt she has shown them that side of her, a side that even we rarely get to see.

"It's worth a shot. The very least Jenni knows and can keep an eye on her." Christen still had all hope in her plan so I decided to go along with it. It wasn't a bad plan.

I knew Jenni and Ellie got along great. It wasn't that surprising either but I think there is another person who would be a better option and I had a slight feeling who that could be.

Ellie's pov

Before I could even walk into the dining hall the next morning, someone forcefully grabbed my wrist causing me to yelp and dragged me into one of the nearby rooms. When I got pushed in and turned around, I came face to face with a serious looking Christen.