35

Chapter 35
Lu Shi Qing was really annoyed. Hearing her knock on the door, he originally thought that she had figured it out and came to confess to him about the Yuan family and Zheng Zhuo, so he stood up and opened the door in high spirits. But unexpectedly, a basin of cold water fell from the sky.

But what annoyed him the most was not Yuan Ci Xian, but himself who was unable to remain calm.

So after blurting out this sentence, he regretted it. Being easily provoked by her again and again had already made him unwilling and embarrassed. If his thoughts were exposed, wouldn’t it make her feel smug and let her mistakenly think that he had been completely captured.

In front of the beauty, as a dignified and upright person, his heart was also not immovable. It was very common to be confused for a while, just wait a few days until he forgets that crazy dream.

After comforting himself, and seeing Yuan Ci Xian was obviously very surprised, he immediately recovered his indifferent look, opened the lattice door widely, and then said inwardly: “Just now County Magistrate Zhu said that there is a very important matter that needs to be dealt with, and it can only be done with Lancang County Princess’s help, isn’t that right?”

After he finished speaking, he turned his head and explained to Yuan Ci Xian: “I have already agreed with County Magistrate Zhu, so you cannot return to Chang’an for the time being.”

Yuan Ci Xian only then understood. She thought, Lu Shi Qing had always been annoyed by her dangling in front of him, how could he refuse to let her go.

She asked: “What’s the matter? I will help if I can.”

How did Lu Shi Qing know what the important matter was. He looked at the middle-aged man who was sitting in the study, looking naive and plump, and had a greasy face, then said, “I’d better ask County Magistrate Zhu to talk to you about this.” After saying that, he didn’t care anymore, put his hands behind his back and turned around.

County magistrate Zhu’s black beard flicked, his black eyes rolled back and forth over and over again, and he stared nervously at the back of Imperial Envoy Lu: Oh, which matter? Heaven is my witness, I have never said such a thing!

However, Lu Shi Qing didn’t intend to turn around and explain at all, it seemed that if he didn’t make up a decent reason now, his skin would be peel off another day.

When the big man turns around, it’s time to test the little man.

There was a landslide, tsunami, and hurricane inside County Magistrate Zhu’s head. When Lu Shi Qing’s back became more and more stiff, he staggered and rushed up in a panic. When he arrived in front of Yuan Ci Xian, he nodded and bowed for a while, then cupped his hand while saying: “It’s like this, it’s like this… County Princess, our Tanghe County, it… it has a corrupt official! Yes, a corrupt official. This corrupt official… he is very greedy! Not only greedy for money, but also greedy for women!”

Yuan Ci Xian stared at him inexplicably.

Under Lu Shi Qing’s back, which was as cold as snowflakes in August, County Magistrate Zhu finally made up an excuse: “But this person is very cunning, and this official can’t catch him no matter what. This official then thinking, County Princess has jade appearance and fairy look, can you lure him to reveal his cloven foot…”

Lu Shi Qing turned his head abruptly, and looked at the unceasing torrent County Magistrate Zhu, first surprised, then furious.

Yuan Ci Xian also turned her head sharply, but she was looking at Lu Shi Qing. Did he tell her to seduce a corrupt official?

She asked in disbelief: “Assistant Minister Lu…you actually agreed to what County Magistrate Zhu said?”

Lu Shi Qing didn’t expect that when the little man was cornered, he would use his words so recklessly, picking a knife that could not be touched. He flatly denied it: “No, that’s not what he told me at first.”