13

Chapter 13 Exploring the Countryside At Night
In the West Market there were many Hu*  merchants, gold and silver jewelry, countless new playthings, the whole journey Yuan Ci Xian was stopping here stopping there. At first, she chatted with Lu Shi Qing from time to time, taking the opportunity to gain a good impression. Later, she only remembered to gather exotic treasures, and casually passing over all kind of objects to the back, forgetting for a moment that this person was likely to be the future Imperial Teacher.

An hour later, when Yuan Ci Xian came back to her senses, Lu Shi Qing’s hands were already full, and even the crook of his arms were hung several strings of red and emerald gems. His long phoenix eyes narrowed slightly, showing that he was trying his best to endure.

Because Lu Shi Qing didn’t have time to change his official uniform, the passers-by on all sides casted astonish glances — this young lady is so amazing, she actually using such a big official as her attendant!

Yuan Ci Xian looked at them, and then at the gilded four-curved silver bowl in her hand, thinking that Lu Shi Qing might just put her head on it and leave, so she gave up the plan to have it.

She leaned in front of him, showed some flattering smiles, took some of the items out of his hands, and then put the gems on the crook of his left and right arms back to a uniform color and position, and then raised her head and said: “Assistant Minister Lu, let’s go home. I’ll find a shop to store these items, and then send someone to pick them up later.”

Lu Shi Qing waited patiently for her to place these bits and pieces, and after finishing, he couldn’t wait to part ways with her immediately, then walked towards street gate for a while. When passing through rows of silk fabrics, he stopped and said: “Lu still has some important things to do, County Princess, please go back first.”

Yuan Ci Xian turned around and saw him stopping in front of a silk shop called “Jinxiu Zhuang”. The word “Ji” was written on the signboard at the door.

Recalling the way he looked at the Ji family’s caravan before, she pointed to the plaque: “If what you said is to visit this shop, I also want to go and have a look.”

Lu Shi Qing sighed, did not say yes, only turned his head and crossed the doorstep first.

Yuan Ci Xian smiled and followed.

At this time, there were not many customers in the shop, but the shop assistants were all there, working together to move the big wooden box, busy back and forth. Looking at it, it seemed they were placing the batch of goods that had just arrived.

Seeing Lu Shi Qing’s attire, the shopkeeper knew that it was a nobleman who came, so he quickly put aside the chores at hand, handed the account book to the accountant, and bowed to greet him: “This honorable husband is…” in the middle of his words, he noticed Yuan Ci Xian’s unmarried women’s hair bun, quickly changed his words, “The young lady behind you come to buy clothes?”

Lu Shi Qing didn’t break the stage, looked back at Yuan Ci Xian, and said to the shopkeeper lightly: “Just take the new silk that come to the store today and pick it out.”

The shopkeeper’s face was embarrassed: “Master, it’s really unfortunate, this batch of silks has been reserved by a group of Hu merchants…”

Lu Shi Qing twitched the corner of his mouth: “If I offer three times the price, are you willing to sell it to me?”

As soon as he said this, the expressions of the people around immediately became vigilant.

The shopkeeper choked, his eyes flickered a few times, and then said with a bitter face: “Master, it’s not that this little one doesn’t want to, it’s just in business matter, there’s first come first served principle.”