33

Chapter 33
It was late in the evening, and the rain was pouring down.

The sudden cool wind poured through the window into the old and dilapidated post station. Thunder exploded overhead, illuminating the intertwined figures in the room…

Lu Shi Qing woke up to the sound of rumbling carriage, he sat up abruptly, stared at the morning sun coming in through the gap in the carriage curtain for a while, and gasped sharply.

The scenes from the dream flashed before his eyes again and again—the slender forearm wrapped around his neck, the wet black hair was like vines, scratching his chest, all the way to his shoulders. The young lady’s soft and delicate waist moved to-and-fro, made his four limbs shattered in an instant.

Within the sound of rain, the bones soars and the flesh flies, the soul turned upside-down.

Lu Shi Qing was stunned for a few counts, then looked down at his soiled pants, and finally realized the seriousness of the situation, showing an almost shocked expression.

It was already the next day. Yesterday evening, the governor of Shangzhou made arrangements for Lu Shi Qing and Yuan Ci Xian, set up a spacious carriage for each of them, and sent local soldiers to escort them all the way to Dengzhou.

After driving all night, at about chenshi (7-9 am), Lu Shi Qing stopped the convoy to have breakfast.

It was true that his journey was delayed and he prepared hasten it, and did not intend to enter the town along the way, but it was not to the point where he would eat in the rickety carriage.

As soon as he called to stop, Yuan Ci Xian rushed down joyfully from the carriage behind, took a green jade plate containing food, and leaned over the curtain of his carriage and shouted: “Assistant Minister Lu, can I come in and eat breakfast with you?”

Lu Shi Qing’s scalp exploded when he heard this crisp sound. Heaven knows, in the dream, how she used this voice to make him lose control.

But can she be blamed for this? Can’t. He had to be reasonable.

So he just asked lightly: “Why do you want to eat breakfast with me?”

Yuan Ci Xian didn’t dare to lift his curtains casually now, and stood outside quietly and replied: “The maids in the carriage keeps flattering and fawning, it’s so boring. I want to talk to someone. You don’t want me to always call Brother Zhao, right?”

Oh, that really won’t do. Zhao Shu, who neglected his master when he sees beautiful women, told him this morning that Yuan Ci Xian had sneezed, and asked if he wanted to seek a doctor for her.

He dismissed him with the word “troublesome”. It’s just a sneeze, can it still break the sky.

He was silent for a while, and said “Enter”.

Yuan Ci Xian opened the curtain and entered with a smile on her face, she put the jade plate in front of him and sat on the table opposite him.

Lu Shi Qing glanced at her hand on the edge of the plate, seeing that it really looked like a catkin that was gently grasped and slowly twisted in his dream, his heart couldn’t help but shook, and then wrinkled his eyebrows.

This weird dream was so terrible that it almost made her like a walking ecstasy, to the point that the blink of her eye and the flick of her hair became a temptation to him.

Fortunately, soon, his attention was diverted.

His eyes fell on her jade plate, and he asked uncomfortably: “Why are the cakes and pastries on your plate are all different kind?”