4

Chapter 4 Fresh Out of Bath Beauty
The midsummer heat in Chang’an was annoyingly hot, very different from Southern Yunnan.

Yuan Ci Xian was scared by the poisonous sun that she didn’t go out for a few days. One day, she received a thank-you gift from the old lady of Lu family, saying that she was grateful for her help last year and apologized for Lu Shuang Yu’s reckless behavior a few days ago.

That’s the end of the story. She didn’t pay much attention to it, wholeheartedly focused on her own business, and ordered Jian Zhi to go outside to investigate the situation in the capital, while paying attention to the movement in the mansion.

After a few days, she felt that something was wrong at home.

She had been separated from her elder brother for many years, and although they always kept in touch with letters, she couldn’t understand his situation with just a few words on paper. In her impression, her elder brother didn’t like to do homework and practice martial arts since he was a child, was indifferent to political affairs, and had no intention of competing for fame. But these days, she found that some of the servants in the house were acting strangely, it seemed that they often talked with him in the study, and the conversation lasted for a long time.

These people were not like servants, but like retainers kept in the house.

But her elder brother didn’t even have a job, so what did he want a retainer to do? Yuan Ci Xian asked twice, but Yuan Yu always avoided talking about it.

Since she couldn’t ask directly, then let’s set him up.

In the afternoon, she went to find her brother to play chess, and after killing a few games, she tapped the jade piece and asked tentatively: “Last time brother wrote to me, you said that Sixth Prince gave you a rare Huamei bird, why don’t you show it to me now?”

Yuan Yu’s hand paused: “You like bird watching now? I’ll ask someone to buy a cute one for you to play tomorrow.”

“I don’t want it. Something a noble person sent must be unusual.”

“What’s so unusual.” Yuan Yu was watching her, “It died within a few days of raising it.”

Yuan Ci Xian seemed to look at him casually, propped her cheek and said, “Then tell him to send another one.”

“That person is a prince, can he listen to your brother’s orders?”

She said “oh”, and said disappointedly: “I thought he even gave brother a bird, so you two must be familiar with each other…”

Yuan Yu hissed strangely. His sister didn’t look like a person who obsessed with playthings. Since she shouldn’t be interested in the Sixth Prince’s bird, is she interested in the Sixth Prince?

He might as well make a move, and said with a serious face: “Father wrote to me saying that you come all the way to Chang’an because you missed me, but I can’t see it at all… Could it be you deceived Father, in fact you secretly come to look for Mr. Right?”

Yuan Ci Xian choked up.

Of course she coaxed and lied to her father and mother, otherwise how could she come on this trip. But it was not a bad thing for her brother to misunderstand in this direction. After all, she couldn’t tell the truth right now.

Not to mention that there was not enough information to determine whether the dream was true or not, even if the dream was indeed the future, she couldn’t easily tell her father and brother. Her father and brother were the kind of people who don’t believe in gods, ghosts and absurd things. If she wanted to convince them, even if she couldn’t produce real evidence, at least don’t say such empty words.