26

Chapter 26
In fact, Yuan Ci Xian’s anger had long since dissipated. For Lu Shi Qing, she didn’t expect him to humbly apologize. It was already rare for him to let Lu Shuang Yu come to indirectly ask how she was doing, not to mention that in the final analysis what happened that day was her fault. So she left him alone these days, not because she really didn’t want to talk to him, but because she was using the “tactic”.

Just like at this moment when she saw his angry eyes, she didn’t give him a good look. Stretching out her jade finger, she twirled the emerald green porcelain bottle in a circle, making sure that it caught his eyes, and then slowly put it back into her sleeve.

Lu Shi Qing sneered “childish” in his heart, straightened his clothes, looked ahead with an arrogant expression.

Yuan Ci Xian also turned her head, secretly lowering her eyes to think about Zheng Zhuo’s injury.

Just now when she took a closer look, she noticed that most of the incense ashes that the monk accidently shook off were scattered on his cuffs, very little were on the back of his hands. For a martial artist such a little redness was just like being bitten by a mosquito. It seemed unreasonable to say that who did it was deliberate.

She thought, maybe she paid too much attention to Zheng Zhuo, and became overly suspicious. But after waiting for a while, when she dispelled her doubts and went to pick up the fine incense stick from the monk’s hand, she felt something was wrong again.

The smell of this fine fragrance was different from the incense ash on Zheng Zhuo’s body.

Her outstretched hand paused. The monk who handed her the incense stick was also taken aback, but saw her quickly smiled, as if nothing had happened, took the incense stick and went to worship at the altar, and then left the Daochang.

Yuan Yu did the ceremony before her, and after coming out he slowed down to wait for her. When he saw her following, he tilted his head and asked in a low voice: “What happened just now?” He noticed that she paused for a moment.

At this time there were too many people, so Yuan Ci Xian shook her head to indicate that there was nothing wrong, and when she got near the the Main Hall where the next ceremony would be held, she lowered her voice and said, “Brother, smell this incense ash.” She raised her sleeves as she spoke.

When she was performing the ceremony, she took advantage of the monk’s inattention and dusted off the thin incense stick, leaving a pinch of incense ash on her sleeve.

Yuan Yu lowered his head and sniffed, not knowing why: “What’s wrong?”

“The incense stick that brother got has the same smell as the incense ash on my sleeve and the one in the sacrificial tripod.”

He nodded.

“But on Sixth Prince’s body is a little different.”

Yuan Yu knew that his sister’s five senses had always been sensitive, but he still had doubts: “Such a subtle difference, can you smell it wrong?”

Yuan Ci Xian shook her head and said, “It’s really different, it’s mostly Buddhist incense, but it’s mixed with something else.” She frowned and recalled, “I seem to have smelled that fragrance somewhere in Diannan.”

While talking, the brother and sister had already arrived at the Main Hall, but seeing that there were many imperial family’s children who stopped to rest after the sacrificial ceremony outside the hall, it was difficult to say more.

Yuan Ci Xian glanced over, but did not find Zheng Zhuo, but instead saw Zheng Yun kneeling alone on the futon inside the hall, clasping her hands together to worship the Buddha, looking very devout from the back. Most of the imperial children came here because of the sacred order, but she seemed to be sincerely devoted to the Buddha.