31

Chapter 31
At this moment, Yuan Ci Xian was not flustered anymore. The fact that the other party set up such a trap showed that they knew her details very well, but she had no clue about their identities. She had to calm down before she could think of a way to deal with it.

Her gaze slowly swept over the uninvited guest: there were twenty-five men in the front and the back, all of them had good horses, all of them wore short robe, and had burly bodies. They had black masks covering their faces, and carried Mo swords that was known for its long handle and suitable for dealing with cavalry, viewed from a distance, it seemed there were no special lines on the blade.

They didn’t give her much time to think. The one in the lead raised his hand and cut off the tripping rope with the sword, and then swung forward. The people on both sides rushed forward without getting off, and attacked Yuan Ci Xian’s guards.

Yuan Ci Xian was surrounded but did not say a word. Shi Cui knew that she was observing the enemy’s situation, so she didn’t say anything to disturb her. It happened that Cao An didn’t talk too much, so they galloped silently and brandished their swords to disperse the black-clothes men who were trying to get close to her.

Although the Yuan family’s guards were considered skilled, they were no match for these people who came prepared, and the long-handled Mo swords slashed and slashed the spears, and quickly swept them all off their horses. After a short while, there was a bloody smell all around. When a guard’s head was slashed off by a Mo sword, and blood flew profusely from the cut-off neck, Yuan Ci Xian, who was still motionless, finally turned pale.

She had indeed been in the army, and had seen corpses strewn all over the fields and the tragic scenes of people dying. But in the end, she had always been sheltered by her father, and only watched from a distance, rarely experienced such a killing scene. Even if she rescued her father last time, she was still commanding from the back. At this moment, the cruel methods of these people really made her shudder.

This area had been raining a lot lately, and the two sides didn’t fight for a long time before the originally clear sky became a lot darker, in an instant, the wind flew the sand and rocks away, and it was as dim as dusk.

She took a look at the sky, took a few breaths amidst the sound of swords piercing the flesh, avoided paying attention to the mud, blood and corpses all over the ground, calmed down, and whispered to Shi Cui: “Look at their formation.”

Shi Cui had followed Yuan Ci Xian for many years, she had a tacit understanding with her, and understood as soon as she hear it. Although the current fight between the two sides was not like the army’s battle, and even if the smart killer had the upper hand, in order to reduce the damage, they would not fight indiscriminately, so even if it looks scattered, there must be some pattern to follow.

At a glance, she discovered a crucial point. The opponent’s purpose was to kill people, so logically speaking, they should charge all the way, but this formation looked like a pair of wings. While they were killing, they were protecting someone.

Yuan Ci Xian saw that she was aware of the clues, and continued to whisper: “The commander at the head is just a cover, not the real leader. That person may be their master. You cover Brother Cao and attack him.”

When Cao An heard this, he exchanged glances with Shi Cui, then said “County Princess be careful” and galloped out.

It turned out that Yuan Ci Xian did guess right. Seeing that Shi Cui and Cao An were approaching menacingly, and aimed for the dragon’s lair, the other party had to slow down the pace of killing and gathered to protect their master. In this way, the few remaining people on Yuan Ci Xian’s side could take a breath.