25

Chapter 25 Tucked Away Mistress Part 1
Timing, direction, location, everything was calculated just right.

But the wine Yuan Ci Xian drank was real, and she really drank a little too much. While she was able use this drunkenness to act so realistically, but because of this there’s one hundred dense one sparse – this bump was weak and soft, didn’t contain much strength, and Lu Shi Qing’s mask didn’t come off completely, only a corner was crooked.

But she still maintained a minimum of consciousness, and seized the opportunity to look up while she was still in his arms.

This one looked up was truly shocking: on the small part of his cheek that was exposed, the skin was wrinkled, densely packed with light yellow uneven strips of mottled thing, as if crawling with fly maggots, and little white flakes fell on the edge.

With just one glance, Yuan Ci Xian screamed in fright, broke free from his arms at once. But her head was empty, and she subconsciously stumbled back.

Then she saw the person on the other side unhurriedly straighten the mask, as if nothing had happened, nodded slightly to her and said: “In a hurry, please forgive Xu’s offense, is County Princess hurt anywhere?”

His voice was low and flat, but on the contrary Yuan Ci Xian was stunned for a few moments before saying: “I’m fine.”

“That’s good. Has County Princess sobered up?”

This question made Yuan Ci Xian a bit embarrassed. Because of the hostility hidden in her heart, she only felt that he was wearing a mask to cover up his true face, and never guessed that he might really have some illness he didn’t want to show. And now, he probably knew that she was pretending to be drunk, but he still gave her some face.

She had no choice but to bite the bullet and continue acting, nodded: “I’m sober.” After she finished, she lowered her eyelids and said, “I’m sorry, I…”

Lu Shi Qing had never seen her look so deflated, but he didn’t feel refreshed in his heart. On the contrary, he became inexplicably anxious. He was silent for a while, still not revealing anything on his face: “It doesn’t matter.”

This calm and breezy “It doesn’t matter” words, in Yuan Ci Xian’s ears sounded like he was hurt. She felt more and more guilty, and hurriedly waved her hands to explain: “Sir, I didn’t mean to…”

She paused halfway. It should be said that her probing was intentional, but her cry out was unintentional, and it was definitely not out of disgust for his unusual face. She was just taken aback.

Lu Shi Qing said lightly: “Xu knows.”

She didn’t even have time to explain, what did he know? Yuan Ci Xian looked at him with a bitter face, and said bluntly after a while: “May I ask  Sir, what’s the matter with your face?”

“County Princess really wants to know?”

She nodded, her gaze seemed nervous and sincere: “I have no intention of revealing your scars, but I met many talented people with excellent medical skills in Diannan. If you tell me, maybe I can help you.”

Lu Shi Qing seemed to smile, turned his back, and said with his hands behind his back: “Three years ago, Xu agreed to His Highness’s invitation to become his advisor. Unexpectedly, Xu encountered an assassin on the way to the capital. The entourage sent by His Highness to escort me was all killed, and Xu was seriously injured. Fortunately, later Xu was treated by a mountain doctor, and was finally saved. However the medicinal herbs used during the treatment left such marks on Xu’s face, which cannot be eradicated since then.”

Yuan Ci Xian frowned slightly: “A stubborn diseases that the mountain doctors can’t cure may not necessarily won’t be able to be cured by others, have you ever gone to seek medical treatment elsewhere?”