12

Chapter 12 Chang’an West Market
Lu Shi Qing left Zichen Palace with sullen face, followed Yuan Ci Xian without saying a word all the way to the spacious palace road, then saw her suddenly stop, turned around and asked with a smile: “Assistant Minister Lu, where are we going?”

He raised his eyelids “As County Princess pleased.”

Yuan Ci Xian pondered for a while: “Then, how about going to your house? I’m the most pleased.”

“…”

Seeing that his eyes were a little cold, she quickly said: “I’m just kidding.” After that, she continued to move forward.

Lu Shi Qing followed, and after a while saw her stop again, turned her head and leaned her face to his ear, and asked in a low voice: “Assistant Minister Lu, I have a question. I have wanted to ask you for a long time, but I have never had a chance—there are rumors outside that you are not good with women and like men, is it true or not?”

If it’s true, tell her in advance, so she would not waste her effort.

Lu Shi Qing tilted his head, wanted to stab her with his eyes, but saw her chin was about to touch his shoulder, and said with restraint: “County Princess, your makeup seems to be falling off to my shoulder.”

He was used to talking poisonously, and wanted to deliberately say something ugly to let her behave, but unexpectedly her face was thicker than the wall, and instead of retreating, she froze for a moment, then smiled and said: “Oh, I’m sorry, I’ll clean it up for you.”

Then, symbolically blew the unseen white dust on his shoulder a few times.

These few breaths accurately sprayed on Lu Shi Qing’s earlobe. His pupils shrank, he shuddered from the itch, and subconsciously took a step away, looking embarrassed.

Yuan Ci Xian was taken aback. She was unwilling to be beaten by his words, so she did those shameless things, but the effect was so unexpected. She raised her eyes and stared at the suspicious blush at the base of his ear, and suddenly felt that he didn’t have to answer.

She knew the answer.

She clapped her hands in a good mood: “It’s clean, Assistant Minister Lu, let’s go.”

Yuan Ci Xian said that she wanted to go to the West Market.

In the history of Great Zhou, there was an emperor who stipulated that officials above fifth rank were not allowed to enter the market in order to prevent collusion between officials and businessmen. Later, the rules were loosened overtime, and now there were no such explicit regulations. It was just any official who often went to the market, could still be accused by some people with ulterior motive, and might still attract suspicion.

Although Lu Shi Qing was young, he had accumulated a lot of political enemies. He couldn’t help suspecting that Yuan Ci Xian was trying to play some trick.

Of course, he was not actually afraid.

The West City of Chang’an was quite prosperous, with rows of shops and rare goods. The streets were bustling with people and traffic, in addition to ordinary people, there were also many business travellers, including foreign visitors from afar.

Yuan Ci Xian had not been here for seven years.

When they were already near, she saw a caravan parked in front of the street gate, and was stopped by a young gatekeeper from entering. The leading man was negotiating with him, with an expression of displeasure between his words.

This gatekeeper was also young and vigorous, insisted on opening the box to inspect the goods.

The two sides were in a stalemate, and the road was blocked. Impatient with waiting, she stopped the carriage and told the maid to stay here, and walked forward first, drilled into the crowd like a fish swimming.