16

Chapter 16 Moved
This little ancestor really dared to say anything, and she was not afraid that it would spread to His Majesty’s ears.

Yuan Ci Xian spoke until her mouth dry and the ink in her belly was drained, then she turned around and grabbed Lu Shi Qing’s hand: “Assistant Minister Lu, you don’t take it to heart, okay?”

Lu Shi Qing dodged, did not want to be touched by her, and said indifferently: “Lu is fine, please ask County Princess to return to the mansion first. I have something to discuss with your esteemed brother.” After speaking, he looked at Yuan Yu.

Her heart turned cold in an instant: “You won’t harm my brother, will you?”

Lu Shi Qing glanced behind Yuan Yu: “Didn’t General Yuan bring his troops along with him tonight? The one who will suffer the disadvantage, afraid it’s Lu.”

Yuan Ci Xian followed his gaze, looked at the dark road ahead, and said to her brother: “Brother, you must not bully Assistant Minister Lu.”

This fence-sitter!

Yuan Yu was depressed, and said bitterly: “You girl… watch me twist your elbow! Go back first, Jian Zhi is waiting for you not far ahead.”

She pouted, turned away sullenly, and just walked a few steps before turning back and ordered: “Speak if you have something to say, don’t fight!”

Both of them ignored her.

She stood still and said, “I’ll leave when you agree.”

Lu Shi Qing and Yuan Yu sighed together, and said in unison: “Got it.”

When she was gone, Yuan Yu said: “My sister already instructed Yuan to not discriminate, then still ask Assistant Minister Lu to please explain, Yuan will listen.”

Lu Shi Qing smiled: “General Yuan, what happened tonight, how about you go back and ask County Princess. Lu’s explanation, you may not believe after hearing it, so why bother?”

Yuan Yu choked.

He continued indifferently: “Then I will ask General Yuan, when are you going to send County Princess back to Yaozhou?”

Why is he trying to drive people away?

Yuan Yu raised his eyebrows: “In what capacity is Assistant Minister Lu now meddling in Yuan’s family affairs? Our Ci Xian can live in Chang’an for as long as she wants, what does it have to do with you?”

Lu Shi Qing said silently: “This matter really has nothing to do with Lu, but it’s closely related to your Yuan family. General Yuan, have you ever heard the saying that ‘one stone can stir up a thousand waves’?

“The wind and rain outside the mountains and forests are precarious, the tiger ordered the wolf to guard the mountain pass for him and protect all animals. One day, a wolf cub broke into the tiger’s den. The tiger was afraid of the wolf’s ferociousness, and because it was indispensable to the forest, he allowed the wolf cub to play in it and provide it with good food and drink.”

“But wolves are wolves, and tigers are tigers. How do you know that the seemingly kind-hearted tiger is thinking in his heart to hold the wolf cub firmly in his palm, so as to avoid the threat that one day the wolf and the other animal will drag him off the throne? How do you know that the other animals are not thinking in their hearts to do their best to please this wolf cub, so they can use the wolf’s claws to tear up the tiger?”

Yuan Yu’s expression flickered.

“This is a dangerous mountain forest, a world where hundreds of beasts fighting each other, where there’s hungry leopards and hungry eagles, where enemies surrounded on all sides… Dealing with tigers is not what this naive wolf cub should do.”